• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think they are settling in

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
The bunny (I'm now pretty sure is female and has a name of Peppa for now.) And the piggie had some free time (he is definetly male, so he is George, for those with toddlers you'll know where the names have come from, :oops:)

047-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

George wouldn't stay still for a pic so thats one of him before he had his bits checked out.

I've never seen such a nosey bunny, she was into everything! :lol: Hubby was pleased as she kept laying next to him, think he's jealous of my bond with Charlie! :lol: They both so far seem friendly and not bitey but it is still early days yet.

Hubby is going to really busy this weekend, he's got at LEAST two hutches to sort out and build. Oh the joys of slave labour!

Just look at the colour of the bunnies hocks! Poor boy. At least he is being nosey and isn't withdrawn, he's coming on great.

Just look at the colour of the bunnies hocks! Poor boy. At least he is being nosey and isn't withdrawn, he's coming on great.

I know its disguisting, the smell was pretty bad as well. Yesterday the smell was less and her breathing was better. As when she first arrived it was a bit noisy but that was probably just the ammonia from their hutch. Could we bath her? Or just let clean bedding work its magic?

Rabbits don't like being bathed..so only do it if really needed:?
And make sure she is completely dry....they can feel dry on top but their undercoat can still be very damp
If she is now kept nice and clean and has a lot of absorbant bedding her feet will gradually clean up...or you could just wash her feet!

Both lovely by the way.:D.and did you have any luck with gp vets?

My normal vets will do it for just over £57 I'm seeing the second top vet tomorrow with Charlie so I'll quiz her then about it, how many they have done etc.. Also there is a dedicated neutering vets in Norwich unsure of their reputation but they will do it for 40. I'm going to ring PACT animal sanctuary today to find out if they neuter boars and if so where.

I'll probably just dip her feet in water, think hubby will have a heart attack washing and drying a bunny, he does all the bathing of the kids in this house! :lol:

Back