• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any rabbits

animal ry

Warren Veteran
hi i have been looking for a new bunny and i have seen lots but some sadly have illnesses wich kill guineas so i cnat have them and some are to far away i have a coupel that might work out we will see but i was wondering does anyone know of any rabbits around the hampshire area that need rehoming thanks!! or elce i have to go to the pet shop and i dont rilly wnat to as people are always going in and buying them

Please don't go to pet shops, I'm sure with your knowledge you can make a fab bunny "daddy". Do you want to keep the bun with guineas? This isn't a good idea if you are.

Not sure why rescue bunnies could be unhealthy for your guineas compared to other non-rescue buns?

You'd be best adopting a pair of buns from a rescue.

My piggies live in the same room as my buns but they never have any contact

snuffels :cry: no i dont put guineas with rabbits never will i let them sit together like in the pic with buster :D

No - I wasn't assuming anything Ryan, just checking :)

Well it's just that you have many buns etc so I expect you know what you're doing, so you would be fab with a rescue bun as you've had the experience :)

its just when they hop it is not meaning full but they can kick as they do and hit the guinea causing damage but evryone to there own

if i dont find one i will have a look at petshop buns buscit was from a petshopand hes 5 and 5 months :D

ohhh dont worry i diddent think you were saying anything about me just making sure its fine :lol:

Pet shop buns are just as likely to be carrying pasteurella or bordatella as rescue buns...where do you think that rescue buns usually orginate from? :?

no its just that the bunny i rilly wnated had the illnessa nd so i cnat ahve her as it will kill my guineas and i ahve got 1 bunny froma rescue and he was fine .. :shock: dont wnat this to turn in to a big thing i just wnat to give a bunny a home.. :shock:

no its just that the bunny i rilly wnated had the illnessa nd so i cnat ahve her as it will kill my guineas and i ahve got 1 bunny froma rescue and he was fine .. :shock: dont wnat this to turn in to a big thing i just wnat to give a bunny a home.. :shock:

it might still be worth checking a rescue if you're happy to home anybun, there are so many needing good homes, i'm sure you'd fall in love straight away with somebun special. :love:

Would not recommend a pet shop bunny, my last bun (although came from a great pet/garden centre) was really skittish and fearful of us for weeks when we got her :(

thats sad mine was lovely :shock: still is :lol: but i agree with homechecks

sorry its just sometimes you get the odd one that does dig i adopted a cat from rspca tigger but they gve him to us without doing a homecheck :shock:

we did try adopting a rabbit once in number 6 our old house and we had the 4ft cage ect but the woman said that we could not have him because we had a small fully paved back garden and they need to be on grass as well but evrything elce was fine :cry:

so we got buscit baby!! :wave:

Last edited:
but i hate the interigation like there digginf to find something to fault you with i get nervey and freakd out by that :cry:

I do homechecks on behalf of rescues, and can assure you that we do not are not 'digging to find fault' with anybody...we WANT people to pass and are usually very sad if they don't.

hope i pass but i need new hutches 2 of them are 4ft and i dont think people think there big enough but my animals are fine in them but i will get some 5ft ones :wave:

i think that homeschecks are good just scary

Last edited:
hope i pass but i need new hutches 2 of them are 4ft and i dont think people think there big enough but my animals are fine in them but i will get some 5ft ones :wave:

i think that homeschecks are good just scary
if you are wanting to keep pairs of rabbits you will need to get 6 foot hutches..re the new welfare bill:D

Rescues don't interrogate we just like to make sure that the rabbit/s are going to the right home and that the new owners can afford vets bills and things. After all some rabbits that come into rescue have probably had a very bad start in life and we just want to make sure they definately get a better one this time. If a rescue did turn you down they will tell you why and advise you, if you are more than happy to take their advice then they would me more than happy for you to have one of their rabbits:D

i only want a singel rabbit :lol: well i guess there just doing there job for the animals

i only have 1 bunny in the 4ft one and he can defently run and things in them i think the 6ft hutch is just running room thats what the rspca woman said :shock:

apart from hutches im not worryed because i think people would like us and rabbits (hope) :D

my singel rabbit buster loved me before he died but my pairs dont mind me and come and say hi! but they prefer being left together so i guss i think singels can be more affectiont

Back