• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An update on little Kizzy.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
This is Kizzy who we took in last weekend. She is doing well, which is amazing when you look at the hutch we took away- to make sure the owners can't just go out and get another.
Kizzy is 8 an was thought to be a boy throughout this time. Her nails were atrocious and she is quite thin, her nails are clipped and we will get the weight on her quick enough. She is due into the vet at the end of this week to get her teeth checked and get her myxi vaccine.

Meet Kizzy
S5030774.jpg

and her nails,
S5030780.jpg

and her hutch, this apparently clean, it was done a week ago, it was usually done monthly!
S5030782.jpg

Im so glad you saved Kizzy from a life of hell.Why do people get rabbits just to treat them like that

:wave:
How on this earth can anyone possibly think that anything should be kept in that filth? I could actually smell it when I looked at the pic. How did you manage not to thump them? Kizzy is a lucky bunny to be taken out of that horrible existence. I bet they thought they were doing good by giving her a toy.

We took her while they were out, she didn't even have any hay. They had been reported twice to the SSPCA who advised them, but it made no diference. My sister used to sneak round and give her food and water, and then accosted them one night. She told them they were giving her an awful life and she knew someone who would take her. They agreed and that's when my sister called me.
And my sister claims she isn't an animal lover.:roll:

How long is it going to take people to realise you dont get a rabbit throw it in a :censored: hutch and leave it. Breaks my heart. Well done for rescuing her, she is a real beauty.
Sallyx

We are in aberdeenshire. Thanks for asking about Kizzy, but sorry, when we take in something we keep it, thats why we take in only a few. We did try rehoming but we are rubbish as we get so attatched very quickly. We still worry about the ones we fostered for a local rescue, although we know most went to fantastic homes.
That's why we say we are a sanctuary, unofficially.:oops:

There are a couple of rescues up here who rehome rabbits- PAWSS and the newarc. It would be worth giving them a call. Certainly the newarc have many rabbits, although I don't think either they or PAWSS vaccinate or neuter.

:wave:
Will look them up - thanks! A lot of rescues that I have found in Scotland aren't open anymore. I would prefer to use a rabbit specific rescue and I don't mind paying for vaccs. and neutering.

Back