• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cute newts .....

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I just lifted a paving stone in my garden (next to the pond) and this is what I found underneath:

PICT2771.jpg

It's not the best picture but when I tried to take another, I got the magic words "card full" and by the time I sorted it they
had scarpered! There's loads of them out there so one day I might just get some better photos of them.

What a great find:D sadly I don't get things like that in or around my pond as it does'nt have any shallow parts & my Koi would prob eat them anyway but i'm hoping one day something will move into the header pool or the water cause into the pond:roll:

I love newts ive got all sorts.I have two ponds in the green house and they are full of baby newts.I have even got a red bellied fire newt in my fish tank Hes 14 yrs old

What a great find:D sadly I don't get things like that in or around my pond as it does'nt have any shallow parts & my Koi would prob eat them anyway but i'm hoping one day something will move into the header pool or the water cause into the pond:roll:

Strangely enough my pond doesn't have shallow areas, no marginal plants (tried to make it cat proof) and it's lots of big greedy koi in it but the newts manage to come and go and breed in there....

Back