• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with cleaning up garden!!

Hi:wave:
Can anyone suggest how to clean up my garden.
Eric and Ernie have about an hours run about each day in the garden, and of course, decide to just tiddle and poo wherever the mood takes them. They do use their litter trays in their runs, (most of the time), but in the garden they just "go" wherever they like.:roll:

I have noticed now, that the grass is starting to smell a bit. Can I put anything down to remove the smell. :oops:
Can rabbits be trained to use a litter tray outside too! Maybe that's the way forward?

Also, there are odd bits of straw and hay around that are a pain to rake and pick up. Is this likely to attract Rats and Mice? Not that I have seen any, but I wouldn't want to attract them in.

You would think, that since they look like wombles, they'd at least clean up after themselves!!!:p

100_2316-1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Wow they are gorgeous! :love:

I must say I wish there was some magical way to keep the garden tidy! :lol:

awwww, so cute!! they look like cuddly toys!!! :love:

I have a mini hand held vacuum, that I use to suck up the poop and straw bits, as for the wee, well I haven't noticed any smell, Our grass floods a lot so I guess it's all washed away, but you can buy cage freshener, maybe that would work on the grass?! and as it's designed for animals, then it should be safe for the buns... though I have no idea what it may do to the grass, but i guess it can't be much worse then what some buns do! hehehehe!!

Thank you for advice - will try the mini vacum.

I know the hutch cleaner is safe in the hutches, but is it safe to eat? obviously the buns are gong to eat the grass?
I think I'll just keep watering and put a few litter trays around to see if they'll go in there!!

Pesky Rabbits! LOL

Just for the record, they are bigger than in the photo now, but still just as
cute!!!
My darling little Bunsters!!!!

I think you should be able to get them to use a litter tray in the garden:roll:when we let Poppy out she has a few poops whilst skipping about but mainly go's to the top of the garden into the flower bed next to the back gate when she needs the loo, but any stray ones one of our dogs always seems get:oops: Depending on the size of your garden & if you get alot of leaves falling in over the winter a cheap garden vac might be an idea:roll:As for the smell the only thing I can think of is to hose the grass down once a week

I give the lawn a good washing with a hose. I had one patch where Arthur did the most horrific wee and killed all the grass so it had to be reseeded :roll:

The vacumm sounds hilarous, my neighbours already think I'm mad :lol:

I'd definately put a litter tray down.

I have 10 rabbits that come out in the garden on rota all day long from 9.00am-9.00pm and have never noticed a smell?

I rake their poo's onto the soil to feed the plants, but don't have to do much more.

Are they in a run or free range? Can the run be moved around the garden so that the area used has a rest before being used again?

Hello Again

I move the run around every couple of days, but we only have a smallish garden, so we try to move it to where there is a good supply of grass for them to eat. But it's mainly when they are running around that they deposit their waste!
I think I will get some more litter trays and give the grass a good hose down.

Thanks for the suggestions. My neighbours will really think I've lost the plot.

I can hear them now:
"That mad Rabbit woman who talks to her rabbits all evening is out their with her hoover............. oh no now she's watering the grass"

Ho Hum - never mind. All in a days work...

Back