• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

REW Eyesight probs?

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
Just asking if they have any eye sight problems? I'm sure Jill (Honeybunny) mentioned to me Dandy and Pirate were short sighted. But I'm not sure now :oops:

And anything else I might need to know about them?

Dandy is short sited and startles very easierly,he uses his nose well though! :lol:Be carefull not too get too much sun on them they could get burnt!

I think it's quite common for REWs to have poor eyesight, they often "scan" to compensate for this - their heads move from side to side when they are still. I have a dark eyed bun, Flopsey, who does the same thing. Like bluebunny said they are sensitive to sunlight so always make sure they have shade - I think some people even put suncream on the tips of their ears to stop them getting burnt.

I think it's quite common for REWs to have poor eyesight, they often "scan" to compensate for this - their heads move from side to side when they are still.

I have noticed the new bun doing the head moving thing, thought I was looking a prospective problem, maybe it is just short sighted. It seems to frighten easily too.

I have a REW that scans & she is a little bit grunty as she can't see things unless they are very close up. I have to move slowly around her & make noises so she knows I'm there - she doesn't nip me if I startle her, but she nips her boyfriend:shock::oops::lol:

I also have a siamese sable mini lop that is partially sighted & partially deaf. She's very friendly & bouncy, but you have to tread on her before she spots you:lol:

Back