• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits not as friendly as you want them??

DDD

Mama Doe
Anybody else's rabbits not as friendly as you would like? Mine don't ask for affection from me, if I bring them indoors for play, or sit in their run, they go as far away as possible. They may come over and sniff, but as soon as I move, they hop away. Is this because they are a twosome, they don't need any extra love? I have handled them everyday for a year now and they are still very timid, epsecially of other people.

Alvin is very independant.. :( after a year im used to it now. i wanted a bunny that would sit on my lap as we enjoyed eastenders together :oops::oops: but the fiesty little demon i got is actually better because of his anti human ways :lol::lol::lol:

Alvin is very independant.. :( after a year im used to it now. i wanted a bunny that would sit on my lap as we enjoyed eastenders together :oops::oops: but the fiesty little demon i got is actually better because of his anti human ways :lol::lol::lol:

I get really jealous of people whose buns come up to them and sit with them on here!!! Mine are happy, but just not human friendly!

:lol: Yes. I do have a few extremely friendly ones - Flint, Alistair, Missy, (& bizarrely Kendra - but that's definitely food related:lol:),& Calel in a bossy - he's-in-charge-of-me-way (I'm his Biatch:roll:) but they are all loved up & the love I get is just as I pass through - I find this is the only drawback I have from having so many buns - lack of time for that one-to-one love that so many others have:lol:

Out of all the above I can only take credit for Calel's "friendliness" - the Rescues & previous homes made the others what they are:D.

In fact, since they came to me Rosie, Sugar & Spice are definitely more bun-buns than they were when I met them:oops: But I'm happy if they're happy:D

You could always bribe them with food ;) Give their daily pellet allowance during 'playtime', one pellet at a time when they come up to you.
Can give healthy treats like bits of herbs and veg too - they'll soon get more comfortable being around you when they know you come bearing gifts!

I get really jealous of people whose buns come up to them and sit with them on here!!! Mine are happy, but just not human friendly!

i did at first, but my dog is clingy and annoys me so i think its the anti human trait i love about rabbits :lol::lol::lol:

I would love my rabbits to want cuddles and love me but they dont:cry: Lily would bite me if i tried to cuddle her and Charlie tolerates nose rubs but they couldnt really care less about me just aslong as i feed them:roll:

I was worried that if i bnded gumpy he wouldnt love me anymore, however, he lets me know when he doesnt want to be handled in the form of nasty nips, and he never sits on my lap unless hes extremely tired, but he does give me a lot of infection when theyre both out as he knows he's mine and myxi is my O/H's so its my sofa he comes and jumps on lol its sweet cos he'll sit on the sofa with me acting like hes a human watching myxi cos che cant get up yet. also, he'll go run round and explore then come for affection and nose rubs then he's off again. my advice is just knacker them out lol

Some of mine are friendly and some aren't. My least friendly pair are mother and daughter. I think the mum passed her anti-human attitude to her daughter. Rabbits tend to learn behaviours from one another. A timid bun paired with a friendly bun will often become more friendly.

My indoor bun is a funny little thing. He likes to be stroked but not sitting on laps, he will come up to me and put his chin on the floor if he wants some fuss. Most of the time he is happy just running around and rolling on the carpet (more like a dog really) which is fine with me as I enjoy watching him being happy :) My other 2, who live outside are moody gits who only want to know me when I've got food. They don't run and hide if I'm in the garden with them they just don't really like to be touched. They are great to watch though, they really love each other :)

Some of mine are friendly and some aren't. My least friendly pair are mother and daughter. I think the mum passed her anti-human attitude to her daughter. Rabbits tend to learn behaviours from one another. A timid bun paired with a friendly bun will often become more friendly.

Yes I agree with that. Strawberry who was taken out of her girly trio and given the ever-so friendly Roger has tured into and easy to handle friendlier rabbit.

Roger is the one rabbit I have that actually comes and begs to be cuddled - the rest come for a fuss or food when they want it, they don't come just to sit with me - too busy being rabbits!:lol:

im lucky if i get to stroke bluebell once a week.as long as she has food n water she has no interest in me at all.x:lol:

So I'm not alone then!!! Phew. I will try bribing with food. They are funny to watch though. When they are in their run, if I have people round they spend the whole time hiding in their tube/ tunnel. They especially don't like men! Funny little things. I still love them though, even though they use and abuse me for a good home and nice food with nothing given back in return!!!

Our indoor ones are friendly but most of our outdoor ones only like us if we've got food. Apart from Rocky. :love: But then he's just as likely to bite. :?

Lol - they all have such amazing personalities don't they?!

Nicholas and Maggie are very independent, they will come for a nose rub and a stroke, then disappear back to whatever they were destroying :D. But, when its feeding time, I have to be really careful not to tread on their heads as I step in the run! They are both very friendly, but on their terms "You can sit in here if ya like, but I will bite your t-shirt and nudge your feet and that's it!".
Hunny hides still, but her husbun climbs all over me. Mind you, he is the baby, shop bought (the rest are rescued buns), and thinks he's one of my human children. :roll: :lol: His idea of fun is a nice long ride in the car! :shock::lol:

Carmen

marsha and casper can be snuggly but have eachother. Bailey on the other hand being a single house bun vies for affection. he loves his daddy x

Lol - they all have such amazing personalities don't they?!

Nicholas and Maggie are very independent, they will come for a nose rub and a stroke, then disappear back to whatever they were destroying :D. But, when its feeding time, I have to be really careful not to tread on their heads as I step in the run! They are both very friendly, but on their terms "You can sit in here if ya like, but I will bite your t-shirt and nudge your feet and that's it!".
Hunny hides still, but her husbun climbs all over me. Mind you, he is the baby, shop bought (the rest are rescued buns), and thinks he's one of my human children. :roll: :lol: His idea of fun is a nice long ride in the car! :shock::lol:

Carmen

Awwwwwww cute bless them! Lovely to hear from you - are your buns still living as 2 pairs?

Back