• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone elses rabbit got 1 ear up 1 ear down??

yes i think maby its when they ahve lop ears but there only just falling down or there listning with one ear sure :lol: looks cute though!!!

One of Zakura's ears drops at rare occasions (usually with some help:lol:) That's because her father is a Netherland dwarf but her mother is a lop dwarf, I believe she's inherited her mother's ears however due to her father's genes they normally stand up... one difference in the two I have seen though is that I had no hope of bending Rambo's (her father) ears like I can Zakura's sometimes, they drop down with a gentle touch, but only one at a time and they tend to come back up rather quickly.
But when she's very relaxed, like in this picture where she's just gotten a scratch behind the ears (treat my bunnies like dogs sometimes:lol: could be because my first pet was a dog), the ear can stay lopped for a bit longer.
Lazy_summer_days_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

That's normal in the summer. Goofball used to do that. IT's the heat. If you want, spray some cool water on the outside of the ear (where the fur is). Helicopter ear is caused by summer heat

Alfie is the same; I think it's very cute. :D This is a pic from a couple of days ago (aged 11 wks) and his ear is now dropping a little. When we first got him 2 weeks ago, the ear was bolt upright.

I was hand feeding him last night and his ear lopped completely for about a minute but it jumped back up again as soon as he hopped off. :lol:

alfiehelicopterears.jpg

That's normal in the summer. Goofball used to do that. IT's the heat. If you want, spray some cool water on the outside of the ear (where the fur is). Helicopter ear is caused by summer heat

I think it may also have something to do with the season the rabbits are born.

As heat escapes through the ears, rabbits born in the winter get smaller ears so that heat won't escape, rabbits born in the summer get bigger ears which are more likely top drop in lops. Young lops tend to have one ear down, usually the other one lops later, but as you can see, not all of them do. :lol:
Zakura's always had standing ears (born in November if that matters) but they fall down occasionally in the summer.

KarenM, Alfie looks a lot like one of my friends' rabbit, he's an otter lop with one ear up:lol:

Our new baby girl Charlotte's got one up and one down. Her mum and dad are both lops so not sure why one's still up!

Is it likely to lop? She's about 13-14 weeks now.

Alfie is the same; I think it's very cute. :D This is a pic from a couple of days ago (aged 11 wks) and his ear is now dropping a little. When we first got him 2 weeks ago, the ear was bolt upright.

I was hand feeding him last night and his ear lopped completely for about a minute but it jumped back up again as soon as he hopped off. :lol:

alfiehelicopterears.jpg

:love::love::love::love: you should submit that to Disapproving Rabbits! too cute!

Esme's markings aren't as nice but she's doing her best to copy!
Both ears have dropped now. The first at (I think) 11 weeks, the second at 14.

PICT2755.jpg

Aww, tell her Alfie thinks her markings are perfect. :love: And he's glad to here that his other ear might just lop in a few more wks.

Lauralou said:
:love::love::love::love:you should submit that to Disapproving Rabbits! too cute!

Lol, I think it's the "Sigh, not another photo mummy" look. :lol:

Back