• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The boys got a new run!

ZakuraRabbit

Mama Doe
Ever since Tobi got out of the old run I haven't dared to put any of the boys in there until they got older and bigger.
But today I came across a rather cheap run at a pet store and decided to get it.
Its not that big, but at least better than staying in the cage all day (it can be expanded..but I bought the last one)
Newrun.jpg

This is how it looks now. I put in a litter box just to see if they would use it and a house.
Rufusintherun.jpg

Rufus has understood what his parents figured out ages ago, the grass is greener/tastes better on the other side:lol:
Tobiintherun.jpg

Tobi hasn't...
Houseinspection.jpg

House inspection!

If the run they got out of is the one to the right of the first picture... then I have a soloution.... I've had 5 month old buns still able to get through those gaps (amazing I know) But I bought a 10m roll of chicken wire from B&Q for £15, and just wrapped it round the outside of the run.... problem solved... haven't had a baby get out since, not even my titchy 5 weekers, who get out of everything hehe!!

P.s. lovely lovely bunnies!!

If the run they got out of is the one to the right of the first picture... then I have a soloution.... I've had 5 month old buns still able to get through those gaps (amazing I know) But I bought a 10m roll of chicken wire from B&Q for £15, and just wrapped it round the outside of the run.... problem solved... haven't had a baby get out since, not even my titchy 5 weekers, who get out of everything hehe!!

P.s. lovely lovely bunnies!!

I know I could do that, I know another breeder who does just that, I just don't want to buy a whole bunch of wire and only use some of it:lol: And chicken wire is just about useless when it comes to anything else like making a cage or whatnot, as they just chew it to bits:roll: Besides they would only need it for an additional few weeks before they can go into the adult's runs:D

Back