• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Playing Methods

Well, before I get right to the topic I'd like to say Roger is doing wonderfully (yes, she is female, I did not name her:lol:). I have recieved some wonderful advice on this forum and I really appreciate it.

One thing about Roger is she is kinda lazy. She loves to lie down and take 'er easy all day. Every time I try to play with her... or at least get her to play with a toy she seems uninterested. Any suggestions as to how I could get her to play? Could she be depressed?

Honey prefers to chill out as well. Not really into playing that much. She's loves going through her tunnel and her treat ball for pellets.

My buns are more active when I get them out for their runs (they have a large patio area to run in) Kiki tends to follow me when she thinks i've got food for her, she kinda chases me :)

But she does chill alot when there's grass to eat or she's tired x

She's probably not really depressed, my buns seem uninterested unless there's food involved x

Some rabbits will be simply much less energetic than others, it can just be down to personality :)

However not moving around could potentially be side effects of other things too. How old is she? How long has she been with you?

Some rabbits will be simply much less energetic than others, it can just be down to personality :)

However not moving around could potentially be side effects of other things too. How old is she? How long has she been with you?

She is approximately three years old. I have no idea really. Unfortunately, she was captured from the wild a few years ago by the previous owners uncle (her previous owner abused her and that is why I have her now). I have taken her to the vet and the vet says she is healthy... she has ALWAYS been lethargic like this... she won't play with ANY of her toys. It really bothers me.

Hiya,

Rabbits are naturally more active early mornings and late nights so it may be you're seeing her during a natural quiet time.

Rabbits also don't make their own games up and they won't usually just potter about for the sake of it. If you want to get her moving you need to give her a good reason :D For wild bunnies that's usually finding food and that's the best way to get pets moving too. Take away her food bowl and hide her pellets around the room/run. Put one under a flower pot, another in a paper bag, on top of a box, in a box, rolled up in a sheet of paper, in a pile of hay etc. She'll soon be on the move hunting them out. Do the same with veg. Think of browsing in a hedgerow sometimes you have to stretch up to get the best bits or wiggle under or just over a branch - try and replicate those types of things.

For commercial toys, treat balls are excellent as are the things you thread veg on or the wire balls you hang up to put veg it.

Tam
Tam

Back