• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lil' Esme's gone for her spay!! Vibes?? U/D - she stopped breathing!! OK NOW!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Well, I've just dropped my Esme off at the vets for her spay and now have the anxious wait. She's not special needs in any way
and I trust the vet 100% but I can't wait to have my little girl home, up and darting about again like she was before I took her:love:

If anybody could spare a few vibes for the lovely Es, they'd be much appreciated.

Here she is:
PICT2753.jpg

Last edited:
She has the daintiest paws :love:

Wishing her well at the Vets and will send quick-healing post-op vibes (11ish I guess).

Oh god! Just had a phone call from the vets - Just as they put her under the anaesthetic she stopped breathing and they had a bit of a battle getting her going again!!:cry::cry: So she's now in an oxygen tent (unspayed) with a shaved ear and no scars. He said they've never seen a reaction like that before even though the anaesthetise 100s of rabbits a year.

They think she's be alright but keeping her there for now.:shock:

Awwwwwwww try not to worry back in december/06 clicky Dorris stopped breathing through spay one of my rescues Dorris had the exact same reaction, I am still in touch with her adopted Mommy and she's still going strong, but she could not be spayed, but she is fine and happy :D

Thanks for sending this reassuring note! My poor little girly. I'm so glad I made sure it was 'Uncle Ian' doing the op as he managed to get her back again. He knows I've lost two buns this year so it's probably aged him a bit too!!

Blimey what a fright for you :shock:
A couple of my Buns have stopped breathing under GA but have been rescusitated and went on to make a full recovery.

Sending vibes for Esme

Janex

Blimey what a fright for you :shock:
A couple of my Buns have stopped breathing under GA but have been rescusitated and went on to make a full recovery.

Sending vibes for Esme

Janex

Thanks! I'm feeling a little calmer now. She is lively and has a good appetite so hopefully it won't put her off her stride too much. I can't wait to give her a cuddle.

It would have been interesting to compare the bunny's heart rate to the vet's at the time it happened!

Naughty Esme worrying yer Mum like that..... and the Vet...

Pleased to hear she doesn't seem too traumatised after her ordeal.

Well, she's home bless her but looks a little rattled. (Which I can't really blame her for). She was feisty enough to bang her feet in the pet carrier though so that surely is a good sign:roll:

Back