• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homemade Bunny Toys

Hey All

Been lurking here far too long since we adopted Bobbin and Casey (really must start a thread about how they're doing!)

However, a couple of days ago we got some new hay from one of Becky's Cousins, and coincidentally got a rather large cardboard box. A bit of creativity, and we suddenly had a box with hay. We even cut a couple of bunny sized holes in the side to make it more interesting.

Anyway, we popped it in the hutch, and the rabbits think it's the best thing ever! you can sit in and eat, pull the hay out and eat, you can push it around, you can run around it, hide behind it, run through it, snoop on top of it... the possibilities are endless.

The success of the cardboard box has lead me to wonder if anyone has any other bright ideas for home made toys, as they only last about a week, and we'd like to keep them entertained!

You are so much nicer to your buns - cutting holes in the box. Mine get one chucked whole in their rooms & they can sort it themselves!:lol:

Mine like the Yellow pages (Flint) & cardboard tubes (Alistair).

I get those willow balls & they last about 38 seconds

Here's the kind of thing I make for them, but don't do what I first did and fill it with a bag of dirt in the house clicky Dig box

:oops::oops:

lol! i got a sandpit, one of those blue 'shell' ones from argos, and filled in with dirt, and buried bits of carrot in it, ive never seen peanut and jelly have more fun ever! they wouldnt stop digging! jelly even did happy flops inthe dirt!!

That's such a cool, idea I might get some of them for the runs, they're big enough now to put some cool stuff in like that.

That's such a cool, idea I might get some of them for the runs, they're big enough now to put some cool stuff in like that.

they would be actually cus there nice and big! i put them in the garden when they play free range with my supervision, but bcus youve got nice big runs it would be excellent!
car boot sales always have them, or you could ask on freecycle before going new ones x

Toilet roll tubes or paper bags stuffed with hay (and maybe a pellet or two hidden inside) normally keep my lot busy! x

Back