PDA

View Full Version : We have four babies!!! NEW PHOTOS 16 June Pg 3

BB Mommy
14-07-2008, 08:31 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/BB-Mommy/2003_0108Image0015.jpg

A pair of blackbirds have built a nest right outside my kitchen window:D. We've been watching them coming and going for weeks with bits of staw and twigs, now it's with beaks full of worms to feed their babies.
I took the opportunity to poke my camera out after mum and dad flew off for supplies - aren't they cute:love::love:

Bavarian Bunny
14-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Awwwwwwwwww. :love::love: Lucky you!!!

hurricanhoney
14-07-2008, 08:34 PM
So sweet :love:

animal ry
14-07-2008, 08:36 PM
:wave:how lucky are you keep them safe!!!!!! so cute!! :D

Lauralou
14-07-2008, 08:38 PM
:love::love::love:

March Hare
14-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, bless.....how wonderful to have them right outside your window!!!!! :love: :love:

Tamsin
14-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Aww,they are very cute.. in an ugly sorta way! Thats a very neat nest they've built :D

BB Mommy
14-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm really chuffed they're so close to the house.
Mum and dad will sit on the fence only feet away from me and wait until I move away so they can fly in and out.

The only bit I'm dreading is when they come out of the nest as it's about 16ft from the ground, and it's concrete underneath.

Bunnyaddict
14-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Aww,they are very cute.. in an ugly sorta way! Thats a very neat nest they've built :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They are sooooooooo sweet! :love:

donnamt
14-07-2008, 09:11 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :love::love::love::love: and there was me all impressed with the bees nest my mom has got in her garden :oops:

BB Mommy
14-07-2008, 09:12 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :love::love::love::love: and there was me all impressed with the bees nest my mom has got in her garden :oops:

Don't think I've ever seen a bees nest.
Are you brave enough to poke your camera in:lol:

donnamt
14-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Don't think I've ever seen a bees nest.
Are you brave enough to poke your camera in:lol:

its under ground.. the best i could get would be them going in and out... ill take my camera around at the weekend and hopefully if its sunny theyll be quite busy :D

luvabun
15-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Oh Wow!! We have our own RU Springwatch.. who needs Bill and Kate :lol:

As for the drop onto concrete, could you put piles of hay under the nest come fledgling time to cushion the fall if that happens?

Am I crediting birds with too much intelligence to think that they would have considered where to site the nest therefore they're not worried about it?

sally1974
15-07-2008, 08:45 AM
very cute:love: what an impressive nest
Sallyx

drpengie
15-07-2008, 09:23 AM
how lovely!! I adore baby birds :love: :love:

BirdieBun
15-07-2008, 10:02 AM
awwwwwwwwwwww so cute!

BB Mommy
15-07-2008, 12:58 PM
As for the drop onto concrete, could you put piles of hay under the nest come fledgling time to cushion the fall if that happens?

I've looked out an old quilt to put underneath nearer the time, but I'm praying they make it on their first flight.

They've started to poke their heads over the side of the nest now so I'll get another photo once mum and dad go out again:D

Steph
15-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Awww :love: :love: ickle weeny birdits :love:

honeybunny
15-07-2008, 01:06 PM
wondeful pic:D

Lillian
15-07-2008, 03:44 PM
awwwww cute :)
my cats would have eaten them

BB Mommy
16-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Today's photos of these little birdies.....

they now have their eyes open, and their heads seem to always be pointing upwards awaiting the arrival of food!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/BB-Mommy/2003_0101Image0001.jpg

Here is the proud father with loads of lovely worms....

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/BB-Mommy/2003_0101Image0002.jpg

and this one was just to check that there are till 4 alive and chirpping:D

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/BB-Mommy/2003_0101Image0007-1.jpg

Piggiesgalore
16-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Great photos - don't baby birds grow up quickly.:)

PrincessPeaches24
31-07-2008, 01:57 AM
we have robbins build a nest under our deck each year! its neat watching them!
Just HAVE to share this story:

A few years ago we had 2 baby robins fall our of our tree out front, they had been pushed out of the nest by there MUCH larger brother. one had broken its leg, the other was fine, but both were way too young to be out of the nest. we scooped up the babies and put them in a large cardboard box under the tree. (we had tried to rehabiltiate baby birds before, none of them lasting for much more than a week or two.) immidiatly, there were probably a dozen mother robbins squwaking and flying around, checking the "nest" to see if it was their baby. after about 30 minutes, it calmed down. one robbin was still sitting in the tree, chirping at the babbies. we were hopefull this was mom. but after a few more minutes, she too flew off. we didnt know what to do. we decided we would let them be, and if nothing had happened by night time, we would have to bring them in and try to feed them. but then, mother robbin came back, and with a mouth full of worms, jumped into the box to feed them!! :) we were so happy. my brother and i both named one, Bens Baby was named Speedy, as he was constantly jumping around the box, and mine, the one with the broken leg, was gonzalas. he couldnt walk, he was too weak.. we didnt really expect him to survive. We named the Large bully of a brother, Mexi B (For the Mexican Bulldog)
The next morning, our mom told us that in the night, she saw a racoon outside, as well as a skunk, and prepared us that speedy and gonzalas probably didnt make it through the night. when we checked the box nervously, against all the odds, they were there, alive and chirping for food.
They stayed with us for a week, before Mother robbin stopped feeding them and instead started "flying lessons" standing with them and flapping her wings. only a few days later Speedy flew off across the road and into the forest. Gonzalus though, could still barley stand. he flapped his wings and chirpped frantically when his brother flew away. Mom had stopped feeding him, as it was time for him to fly away. I thought that was it for Gonzalas. but then, a few days later, when i returned from school, i saw Gonzalas, standing on the edge of the box on one leg! HE COULD STAND! i was so proud. he chirped to greet me. and i told him to fly away, and he did. he fallowed in his brothers exact path, across the road and into the woods.

The next spring, we saw something amazing, 3 male robbins standing in our backyard, one dashing around, must have been speedy! one that was far too big, must have been mexi b, and one, hopping along on one leg, that one had to be speedy :)

hope your babies turn out as well as ours did. keep us updated!

*Spider*
31-07-2008, 02:11 AM
So glad they're doing well.
I had a baby blackbird called Scradgey who i rescued from the middle of the road.. but he died after 4 days. I was absolutely devestated.
Hopefully you'll see all these flourish into gorgeous blackbirds, and maybe call the scruffiest 'Scradgey' :lol: It suited him :)