• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have four babies!!! NEW PHOTOS 16 June Pg 3

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
2003_0108Image0015.jpg

A pair of blackbirds have built a nest right outside my kitchen window:D. We've been watching them coming and going for weeks with bits of staw and twigs, now it's with beaks full of worms to feed their babies.
I took the opportunity to poke my camera out after mum and dad flew off for supplies - aren't they cute:love::love:

Last edited:
Aww,they are very cute.. in an ugly sorta way! Thats a very neat nest they've built :D

I'm really chuffed they're so close to the house.
Mum and dad will sit on the fence only feet away from me and wait until I move away so they can fly in and out.

The only bit I'm dreading is when they come out of the nest as it's about 16ft from the ground, and it's concrete underneath.

Don't think I've ever seen a bees nest.
Are you brave enough to poke your camera in:lol:

its under ground.. the best i could get would be them going in and out... ill take my camera around at the weekend and hopefully if its sunny theyll be quite busy :D

Oh Wow!! We have our own RU Springwatch.. who needs Bill and Kate :lol:

As for the drop onto concrete, could you put piles of hay under the nest come fledgling time to cushion the fall if that happens?

Am I crediting birds with too much intelligence to think that they would have considered where to site the nest therefore they're not worried about it?

As for the drop onto concrete, could you put piles of hay under the nest come fledgling time to cushion the fall if that happens?

I've looked out an old quilt to put underneath nearer the time, but I'm praying they make it on their first flight.

They've started to poke their heads over the side of the nest now so I'll get another photo once mum and dad go out again:D

Back