• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden photographer of the year 2008

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
No, not me, but I thought I'd highlight this competition for anyone who loves to look at amazing photos or who may even want to enter. I am not professional enough with my photos, but I love looking at the winners. There is also a book you can get with lots of the entries. And you can order posters. I'd love to have some of these photos as posters.

Here are the photos. If you click on the different categories or on gallery and then click on the photos themselves, then you can get them in full size.

http://www.igpoty.com/winners.asp

Here's an example and one of my personal favourites:

Second_XL.jpg

Taken by David Chapman, Cornwall.

Oh Wow!! That photo is awesome! Have you been to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year comp at the Natural History Museum.... unbelievably awesome pics there.

Oh Wow!! That photo is awesome! Have you been to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year comp at the Natural History Museum.... unbelievably awesome pics there.

No, I've always wanted to go, but somehow never find the time. The boys usually drag me to the dinosuars or to the Science Museum. :roll:

No, I've always wanted to go, but somehow never find the time. The boys usually drag me to the dinosuars or to the Science Museum. :roll:
You'll have to leave them to the dinosaurs whilst you look at the exhibition :lol:

Can't believe the pic you've put here only came second :shock:

You'll have to leave them to the dinosaurs whilst you look at the exhibition :lol:

Can't believe the pic you've put here only came second :shock:

I love the tree photos. And that desert garden. I think I have to go to Kew and look at the exhibition. Wanna come and join me? I have a free ticket for guests, and two weeks without my kids, so can go whenever I want. :)

I haven't been there since they opened that walkway in the treetops, that should be fun, too.

Last edited:
That pic is absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I just love it. :D :D

Gisela, don't underestimate YOUR photos.....they really are awesome! :D

I think I have to go to Kew and look at the exhibition. Wanna come and join me? I have a free ticket for guests, and two weeks without my kids, so can go whenever I want. :)

I haven't been there since they opened that walkway in the treetops, that should be fun, too.
2.gif

2.gif
OOOO yes please
2.gif

Back