• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie Aged 10 not spayed

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
My dutch girl Rosie-posie is 10 and on my other post I mentioned she had blood on her nose when I went to feed her.10 years ago she was already a young adult,and I was her 3rd home and then I didnt know how important it is to have her spayed and of course when i joined this forum,she was already at least too old in my opinion.Do you think I would know if she had uterine cancer??

My dutch girl Rosie-posie is 10 and on my other post I mentioned she had blood on her nose when I went to feed her.10 years ago she was already a young adult,and I was her 3rd home and then I didnt know how important it is to have her spayed and of course when i joined this forum,she was already at least too old in my opinion.Do you think I would know if she had uterine cancer??

the risk of uterine cancer is no less if not it is greater with age. we had our extreamly rabbit savvy vet spey sooty for us(age 9yrs) as we felt the risk of having her die of cancer was stil as high. it depends on your vet her health in general and how you feel it may affect her sooty is otherwise in perfect health and we have previously had a rabbit die (albeit at a younger age) of uterine cancer and it is heartbreaking to watch.

it is not easy to tell but a good vet should be able to feel her uterous(sp) for any abnormalities and lumps. this being fine then it is unlikely she has it however once the cancer starts it will and can spread we knew by the blood being passed and sadly in our case the rabbit had progressed cancer through lungs etc and had to be put down she seemed ill in herself at the late stage of cancer too.

Back