• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nose Bleed Rosie posie Bunny aged 10

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I think she has banged her nose on something,she had blood on the end of her nose when I came down this morning,it doesnt seem to be coming from the inside of her nose.I have bathed it and given her a big cuddle and her favourite veggies,and if there is anymore blood I shall take her straight to the vet.Has anyone else bunny had blood on their nose?:(

There is no cut,I think I should take her to the vets.I shall ring them.I am worried because she is 10 and when I got her people didnt go and get their girls spayed,so she isnt,and when I joined here,and found out how important it is for her health she was already 8.Beatrix my other young girl was done at 8 months.

Last edited:
try not to worry it is likely only a cut and many things can cause bleeding at the nose some terrible... vhd cancer etc some less serious blocked nasel passage, cut inside from scratching,etc so until you have seen the vet try not to worry xx

Good luck at the vets, let us know how you get on.

Dylan had a cut lip once where he'd stuck his head in Arthurs run but it stopped bleeding really quickly.

I guess your worry is that its internal and not from a cut. Healing vibes on their way. x

Womb cancer affects so many unspayed buns personally I'd be tempted to have her spayed if shes healthy, has she ever been under GA before?

No she has never had an op,she has been to the vets in the past for a bad eye,and to have teeth checked.She looks a bit skinny and the white on her is a bit grubby now she is an old lady.I think you might be right,if she is spayed now,I could have her a bit longer and that would be wonderful :love:

I will probably get shot down for this but if my bun was 10yrs old and not been spayed then i wouldn't risk putting her under a GA whether she was healthy or not, but that is just me.

Good luck at the vets and hope everything is ok

When Goofball had her 3rd dental surgery, in the 24th to 48th hr. post surgery, there is a few blood cluster (very small) coming out of her nose. But no actual liquid blood, and the vet said it's teeth related and it's normal for post surgery

I will probably get shot down for this but if my bun was 10yrs old and not been spayed then i wouldn't risk putting her under a GA whether she was healthy or not, but that is just me.

Good luck at the vets and hope everything is ok

I agree.

I have no advice I'm afraid but I hope Rosie is ok :)

Back