• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ever noticed how it always all happens at once??!

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
I've had a nightmare month for poorly animals... first Flora had pyometra and needed an emergency spay (£200) then the poor little thing got an infection and her stitches broke down requiring another out of hours GA (another £200) but now my little pudding Frankie isn't well either :( He needed to see the vet late on Saturday night (£150) and although he's eating, he still isn't quite right so I think he'll need more treatment this week to help find out what's wrong :(

I seriously can't wait to get paid again... roll on the end of the month! :shock: :lol: Anyone else ever noticed that these things always seem to happen at once??? :)

I've had a nightmare month for poorly animals... first Flora had pyometra and needed an emergency spay (£200) then the poor little thing got an infection and her stitches broke down requiring another out of hours GA (another £200) but now my little pudding Frankie isn't well either :( He needed to see the vet late on Saturday night (£150) and although he's eating, he still isn't quite right so I think he'll need more treatment this week to help find out what's wrong :(

I seriously can't wait to get paid again... roll on the end of the month! :shock: :lol: Anyone else ever noticed that these things always seem to happen at once??? :)

Yep, I swear mine conspire to make sure they cost me as much as possible :rolleyes:

I hope little Frankie feels better soon

Janex

Yes - I'm the same recently, in the past 3 weeks:

Rocky had bloat - emergency vets
Lizzie stopped eating - vets
Lulu was spayed and had a lump removed
Various check-ups and vaccinations
now Rocky has a hard/lumpy stomach and is going for an x-ray and ultrasound on Weds :roll:

Must have spent nearly £500 on the vets: wouldn't have not spent it tho - but why is it all at once!!:lol:
Buns can't help it :D

Yep, I had to pay out over £600 in the last month on two bunnies :shock:
Good job they are both insured, petplan are going to love me :D
Makes it scary though as I had thought about not having insurance and just saving the same amount in a bank account, the first rabbit would've wiped out the savings and the second would've just had to go on my credit card!

Must have spent nearly £500 on the vets: wouldn't have not spent it tho - but why is it all at once!!:lol:

That's exactly how I feel too! :lol: I'll do anything to make them well again but why does it always have to be within the same couple of weeks?? :lol:

I have insurance for Frankie but not for Flora... I'm still kicking myself for not insuring the piggies :( When they came to live with me last year I didn't even realise you could get guinea pig insurance :oops:

I think I can quite honestly say Ive been at the vets for one thing or another at least once,sometimes a lot more,a week since the beginning of last October.

Yep we get it too! You can guarantee if one bun needs to go to the vet, then at least another 2 or 3 do!! Whether it be because they're ill or their boosters are due - think we keep our vets going & they'd close down if we stopped keeping buns & cats!! :shock:

I hope Frankie feels much better soon.
We;ve had Picollo stay at vets since last wednesday and home today and also Monty our rattie went down with a resp. infection but is on the mend again too. Rowan also had a bout of stasis over the weekend but thankfully that responded to infacol, tummy rubs and a syringe feed.
However I'm not quite sure how my vet manages it but Picollo'c blood tests and chemo will only come to approx £120 which was much better than we were expecting and she only charged me £6 for Monty's meds and no exam fee I guess cos he hitched on in with Picollo!

Back