• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you fix your water bottles inside sheds?

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
As the subject says really as I dont like water bowls so what could I use to attached water bottles on the inside of my new shed? In my current shed I have the bottle attached in a really naff way so want something nice - any ideas peeps? :wave::wave:

We stapled mesh to the sides of our pens to hang water bottles on, sort of a U shaped piece that bends outwards so it can be fixed on. That said we have stopped using them as the buns prefer bowls:roll: The gps still use theirs though.

I also now routiely give rabs in sick bay bowls too, they drick better and as thirst often contributes to a rabbit not eating well it helps them recover more quickly.

Of course they get mucky really quickly, but it is easier to clean a bowl than a bottle.

see my buns havent had bowls their whole lives apart from bambi and bobby - i must say i do prefer a bottle cos they are cheap to replace if they go a bit skanky - thanks louise for that - what are sick bowls? :oops:

I have a hay rack (which the buns never used) stuffed firmly with hay and then slip in the bottle in and thats hung over a couple of nails. :D

I tried water bowls but fudge has yet to master the art of not diving in nose first and getting a nose full of water which she has to snort back out!:roll: :lol:

101_0908.jpg

Not sick bowls, Sick bay = where we put the sick rabbits while they get treatment or are recovering from ops. I give the rabs in sick bay bowls to drink from as they drink more that way.

I have little hooks and loops - the hooks on the wire that comes with the bottle, go into the loops which are screwed into the side of the shed - I'll see if I can get a picture. You have to get the tension right for the bottle to stay up though :lol:
Having said that, Rocky and Harley prefer drinking out of a bowl :lol:

Not sick bowls, Sick bay = where we put the sick rabbits while they get treatment or are recovering from ops. I give the rabs in sick bay bowls to drink from as they drink more that way.

:lol::lol::lol: oops dumb girl strikes again!!!!

Pics SmokeyJoe :D

You know you get that white thing?
Well my dad got two screws and screwed it to the shed and made is tight so it stays there which it does.. do you see what i mean??
I mean it may not be the best technique.

You can sorta see mine here. It looks real dodgy the way its fastened on but its never fallen off and it holds it real well :)
I will make something fancier one day

PICT0673.jpg

Cool thanks bex for adding the photo :D

So the general consensus is get mesh attached to the shed and attach the bottle that way :D

You can sorta see mine here. It looks real dodgy the way its fastened on but its never fallen off and it holds it real well :)
I will make something fancier one day

PICT0673.jpg

Oh and how neat and tidy is your shed good lord!!!!!!! :shock:

A rabbit drinks more water on a bowl because it's easily sitting right in front of him than an inverted water bottle that they have to lift their neck and suck the water out of it.

Same deal w/ a human. Think about it

Sorry Birdiebun, I forgot about the piccies. Here you go:

IMG_0747.jpg

Can't get this to turn round :oops::?
IMG_0746.jpg

The little loops screw into the wood and then loop the hooks on, but you have to get the tension right for it to hold up the bottle, and I don't know if it makes a difference with a cylinderical bottle? Hope that helps.

The other thing I can think of to hold the water bottle in place is the U type clips you can get for light tubes & for holding pipe work in place:roll:

The other thing I can think of to hold the water bottle in place is the U type clips you can get for light tubes & for holding pipe work in place:roll:

I dont know how you woudl fix that on? I am really rubbish with diy - if I had all the bits and bobs put infront of me I am fine but cant use my iniative to go and buy things by an idea I have thought of myself :oops:

Back