• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Favorite Breed

AllForTheAnimals

Warren Scout
I am looking into a second breed of rabbit at my rabbitry and wanted to know a few of everyones favorites :D

Thanks everyone
Karlie & Iris
From Cascade Creek Rabbitry
All For The Animals

Yes i love all those whities too:love: All rabbits are beautiful but i have the most beautiful blanc de hotot and he is the best natured rabbit i've ever known. All my friends call him cliopatra as he looks like he has make up on:lol:
Also am loving the beveren breeds - they are such quiet gentle buns and have coats to die for.

Anyway good luck with the new website and let us know how the breeding goes:wave:

Yes i love all those whities too:love: All rabbits are beautiful but i have the most beautiful blanc de hotot and he is the best natured rabbit i've ever known. All my friends call him cliopatra as he looks like he has make up on:lol:
Also am loving the beveren breeds - they are such quiet gentle buns and have coats to die for.

Anyway good luck with the new website and let us know how the breeding goes:wave:

Thanks, I love that breed but this time it's cause I can't find them :lol:

Lionheads and Netherland Dwarfs all the way... But never mixed and with a bit of Dutch in there as you end up with Nibbles hahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i must say, im loving satins right now... i hope that in 20 years time when pearl goes to the bridge ill be able to get another satin :D

i really really really want a belgian hare too :love::love::love:

Anything with rex-fur and/or lion mane! (and yes I have seen a few rex-furred lionheads:D the first I saw was an aguti netherland dwarf rex with lion mane:love: )
I also love lops! (Big dream of seeing is a rexed lionlop with harlequin markings:lol:)

So you are voting for the type of rabbits next to grace the rescues? I'm getting to know the local breeders by the rabbits we get in, bunnyland lionheads and minilops, lots of mini-rexs locally, harlequin lops with snuffles from pets@home........
if yours are lucky some might end up here or a similiar rescue, the rest, well flystrike might put them out of their misery quickly, or they might have to spend years in a tiny hutch being bored out of their minds, or used to breed more generations to suffer a similiar fate.

How can you live with being responsible for so much suffering???????

I love Flemish and continental giants.In the past Ive had beverens, lops,rexes,Harlequins and just cross breed buns.They are all lovely

I love Flemish and continental giants.In the past Ive had beverens, lops,rexes,Harlequins and cross breed buns.They are all lovely

So you are voting for the type of rabbits next to grace the rescues? I'm getting to know the local breeders by the rabbits we get in, bunnyland lionheads and minilops, lots of mini-rexs locally, harlequin lops with snuffles from pets@home........
if yours are lucky some might end up here or a similiar rescue, the rest, well flystrike might put them out of their misery quickly, or they might have to spend years in a tiny hutch being bored out of their minds, or used to breed more generations to suffer a similiar fate.

How can you live with being responsible for so much suffering???????

So...being from a breeder automatically means the rabbit will be given to a bad home is that it?
Breeders can be just as picky on new homes as a rescue is you know, and I've even heard of cases were rescue animals are put down when the owner goes away on vacation, without informing the rescue in question.

Stop assuming all breeders are bad, there are bad breeders and there are good breeders, as well as there can be bad rescue.
I know you are all concerned about rabbit welfare but I am getting rather tired of all breeders being seen as evil, just because their rabbits have a litter every now and then. (And yeah I know about rescue situation but I'm pretty sure 90% of these come from the bad kind who sells their rabbits anywhere or to pet shops, not all breeders are the same you know, plenty of them even take back rabbits if their new owner can't keep them for some reason, just like a rescue would.)

The two best natured buns i have had have been Lily my french lop and Hazel my nethie. Both so cuddly and sweeet :love::love:
If i was looking for a bun it would definately be either a netherland dwarf or a french lop

Back