• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free Ads PLEASE READ

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, I just think it needs pointing out in general.

For some reason I have been completely inundated with free add links over the last week or two. The majority of which are just individuals looking to rehome their pet rabbit or breeders looking to off load unwanted stock. While I agree that all rabbits deserve a loving home I do not know why these particular ones have been highlighted when there are hundreds of others like them on the free ads.

The expectation now seems to be that I have some way of rescuing the rabbits in the links and have special access to rescue places where these free ad rabbits can go. This is not the case, I have no special links with any rescues and know that the majority of rescues are full to bursting and have lengthy waiting lists.

All I can do is send a general email that was written between myself and Tamsin that provides the seller with links to rescues and the rehoming sight. With every email I give my contact details so if the sellar needs any extra help I would be willing to work with them. This way we are giving the rabbit an extra chance of getting a good home that it wouldn't have had before, it is then down to the seller whether they decide to use the info.

On a few occassions where the situation has seemed urgent I have contacted recues who have kindly offered rescue places to the rabbits in need and everytime the seller has refused them or lied about their rabbits suddenly being rehomed. If I am lied to or the seller refuses the places there is nothing I can do. I am not going to repeatedly hound the seller until they hand them over. It usually takes over a days work just to find the rescue place to start with, I don't have time to spend days following up every link until the rabbit has got a home.

I also do not have unlimited funds to ring the adverts that just give mobile numbers. If I had rung all the adverts sent to me that just had mobile numbers I would need a second mortgage.

I certainly do not help with the free ads so that I can be sent links to ads where breeders are selling particular breeds of rabbits that a member has always wanted, because they are pretty or rare and then expect me to organise a bunny run across the country for them. If you want a rabbit there are plenty of pretty ones in your local rescue centre.

None of this means I no longer want to deal with the free ads, that is not what I'm saying at all. Like everyone else I would love to be able to help them all, but I can't. I just want people to be aware that all I can do is send advice to those who need it and hope that it helps. :D

Well said, I agree with all you have said. You do a great job in trying to help rabbits with people who don't want to cooperate or seem to give a poop either. I can imagine it's a tiring exercise to have to read through them all. Please people, only send the urgent and at risk ones :D

Aw no, sorry about that Liz :(

Let me know if you need somebody to call mobile numbers...I have 300 free minutes to use up every month on my mobile (which includes mobiles on other networks)...so could perhaps do some telephoning for you if needed?

Amy

I agree. Is there anyway someone could screen the ones that are sent before you follow them up to see if they are urgent.

I agree. Is there anyway someone could screen the ones that are sent before you follow them up to see if they are urgent.

That is my job really :). I just wanted people to know that even with the urgent cases I am very limited in what I can do, I do not have a magic wand that creates rescue places for these bunnies however badly they need them :(

That is my job really :). I just wanted people to know that even with the urgent cases I am very limited in what I can do, I do not have a magic wand that creates rescue places for these bunnies however badly they need them :(

I see. You are doing a great job. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Liz, you do a great job:thumb: and you probably don't realise how easier you have made it on all us rescues by sorting them:D.

2nd all thats been said..I've not been receiving any highlighted free ads since you been doing this Liz..so thanks! :D

Aw no, sorry about that Liz :(

Let me know if you need somebody to call mobile numbers...I have 300 free minutes to use up every month on my mobile (which includes mobiles on other networks)...so could perhaps do some telephoning for you if needed?

Amy

Thank you Amy, that would be a great help :)

:wave: I am one of those people who have sent you links to free adds, but I certainly don't expect you to ''save them all''. If you feel that any of the links I've sent to you are inappropriate please feel free to tell me. :) The only reason that I sent links to you was because I feel that you are better able to advise people on what to do, I agree that not all of them need a rescue place. I do sometimes send free add people emails about how to re home bunnies/guinea pigs but am not always 100% sure on what to say. I don't want to give the wrong advice.
Perhaps more than one person should be dealing with free add links so that you are not so bombarded with them?

:wave: I am one of those people who have sent you links to free adds, but I certainly don't expect you to ''save them all''. If you feel that any of the links I've sent to you are inappropriate please feel free to tell me. :) The only reason that I sent links to you was because I feel that you are better able to advise people on what to do, I agree that not all of them need a rescue place. I do sometimes send free add people emails about how to re home bunnies/guinea pigs but am not always 100% sure on what to say. I don't want to give the wrong advice.
Perhaps more than one person should be dealing with free add links so that you are not so bombarded with them?

Your ads have been fine, don't worry. If you want me to pm you a copy of my email that I send out to sellers just let me know :D

Hi Liz

Could i get a copy of that email as well please as i know i am one of the people that sent you a link :oops: sorry.

Thanks Katie

Hi Liz

Could i get a copy of that email as well please as i know i am one of the people that sent you a link :oops: sorry.

Thanks Katie

No Problems.

Please don't be sorry for sending me links, I think all the ones you sent me had genuine concerns, the last one you sent has now been emailed with advice :)

Back