• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How/Where do you keep/store your bunny food?

Lindt bunny

Warren Scout
I was just wondering where/how you keep/store your rabbit food and hay if your bunnies live outside?

Do you keep it in the house, shed or other? and what sort of containers do you use?

K x

We use 70 litre storage boxes, tip the bag out and have a label on each box so we know which is which. They are in our utility room on a worktop along with all the bowls, bottles, cleaners, grooming stuff etc

I keep in two different types of pellet in large amounts..these are kept in plasctic storage containers
Other types I keep in smaller amounts and are usually in original bags.
All kept in shed

I have our old breakfast bar in the shed and put my food and hay in 80l plastic storage tubs(with lids) on top and bedding, cleaning stuff etc underneath. It makes it so much easier.

Thanks, I have got a couple of those small (mini dustbin) plastic bins and put my food in there in the house but was just curious what others did.

I have also seen those hay bags on that hay web site and have thought about those. Does anyone use them?

K x

I have also seen those hay bags on that hay web site and have thought about those. Does anyone use them?

Don't know anything about the bags from THE, but I buy a bale of hay and store it in megazorb bags. I think hay stores better if you 'fluff' it up and air it.

I use pellets really slowly so I have a jar in the kitchen and the rest of the bag in an airtight box in the garage....am short of garage space for hay so I split it into managable bags and hang them from the struts across the roof of the garage

Shed in smaller bags for the hay. Pellets go in a cereal container (the one with those lift up lids) in the walk in cupboard along with the current bag of hay I'm using, the wood shavings I'm using (the big bale is upstairs in the landing cupboard) and the newspaper.

Litter and pellets go in the cupboard under the sink in the kitchen, along with grooming paraphenalia. The hay is kept in a black plastic dustbin which lives on the patio but gets moved around as it kind of gets in the way and is used to support the run lid when it's open.

Back