• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping buns

Starlight

Warren Veteran
My neighbour is a light sleeper and he cant put his daughter back in the back room yet as one of the buns is thumping, i dont yet know who, i have given him permission to climb under the fence in the night and find out what hutch it is!! I have thought of putting carpet below the newspaper to muffle it, are there any other ways as he has been real patient with them but it has happened every night constantly for the past 2 weeks!

some of my holiday buns do it when they are bored, soi put toys in overnight to help stop them being bored. other than that something may be spooking them???

some of my holiday buns do it when they are bored, soi put toys in overnight to help stop them being bored. other than that something may be spooking them???

Yeah probably the neighbour crawling under the fence:lol:

Seriously though I'd try domething to muffle the sound and as MissySJ suggested something to keep them amused at night, although I dont reccommend a treat ball - one of our boarders kpt us awake throwing it from one end if his hutch to the other, I got out of bed at 4am and had to remove it before it woke the neighbours:roll:

If your considering putting carpet down i would also put a piece of that thin foam under it aswell to help muffle the sounds.
I know how annoying this can be first hand but my neighbor had a sence of humour with it as they didnt have kids that was kept awake and he brought round one of them plastic musical instrument sets and said distribute it between the rest cos if we have to live with it we may aswell enjoy a full band.

If your considering putting carpet down i would also put a piece of that thin foam under it aswell to help muffle the sounds.
I know how annoying this can be first hand but my neighbor had a sence of humour with it as they didnt have kids that was kept awake and he brought round one of them plastic musical instrument sets and said distribute it between the rest cos if we have to live with it we may aswell enjoy a full band.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh I tried everything to muffle the thumps of one of my lovely bunnies. As a last resort I bought a really thick piece of heavy duty foam and put it under his indoor cage. Still heard him thumping really loudly at night - in the flat!!! in the end I had to find him a home before my neighbours came round and beat me up! (no not serious, but it was unpleasant for everyone). I never knew why he thumped.

Good luck with this one!

Biscuit thumps during the night. We put old clothes under the carpet in her hutch and it worked wonders.
We also noticed she stopped if the security light came on too. She's scared of birds (I know, how dippy!) and theres a duck pond just passed our garden and they get really noisy and set her off thumping :lol:

Oh you poor thing, i know how awful that can be:cry: I have even sat up for one whole night as i thought my rabbits were being spooked. Turned out it was one particular rabbit and she was setting off the others. One night my neighbour even came in all fired up thinking someone was breaking into my house through the back:oops::oops::lol: Anyway i have now moved her away from the others and always cover her hutch at night and no more thumping:D:D Mabye this may work for you too?

Best of luck:)

Back