• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very lucky bunny

sarahmussell

Young Bun
076.jpg
Hello everyone this is Lucky a very lucky rabbit indeed. My next door neighbours had this rabbit which lived in their shed the only thing was the shed was not modified for the rabbit instead they had put an indoor plastic cage just inside the shed door. I have been a bit concerned for a little while for this bunny as he was just left to hop around the garden and he would still be out at 11 o clock at night. This bunny starting getting through the fence and hopping around my garden I took him back the one day and explained to the girl who was polish so it was quite difficult, that my dog would probably kill this bunny as she likes to chase anything that runs. I have four rabbits and I always make sure the dog is in when I let them out or they go in their runs. Last monday both my dogs were in the garden and I happened to look out the window and my cocker spaniel had the rabbit in her mouth it had come into the garden and the inevitable happened I screamed and ran out into the garden shouting at the dog who then thought it was a game and started running around the garden. My quick thinking 10 year old daughter got some food and shouted Honey(the dog) she then dropped the rabbit and went to her. I thought the rabbit was dead but luckily he was still breathing so I gently picked him up and we went up to my vet. Luckily the vet said Honey must have a soft mouth as she hadnt punctured the rabbits skin at all he gave him a shot of pain killer and an antibiotic and I brought him home. As I got out of the car two of the polish men were outside so I explained what had happened and that they needed to put this bunny somewhere quiet to recover form the shock. They took me through to the garden and got out the cage which was about 2 inches deep in water, brown pooey water there was no way I was handing this bunny over so I said that I had a spare hutch and would put him in there until the girl who owned the rabbit came home. I also told them if she no longer wanted the rabbit I would keep him. No one has been round to collect him so he is now mine and even after his brush with death, doesnt seem that botherd by Honey.

:shock: thats well scary, those next door naibours dont deserve such lovable animals, i hope for lucky thqt they never return for her, you done the right thing, sounds like she has settled in now to, i wonder how long it would of took them to relise she was gone if you did not see the other family members

was ment to go with you then by the looks of it, well done you a lucky bun indeed :)

I dont think they will be round for him, when I took him back the first time he got through I said what a lovely bunny he was and she said did I want him as she didnt have enough time for him but at that time I never had a spare hutch. It was only when my sis lost her bunny Dusty she gave me her hutch so therefore I had the space so I am now back to 5 rabbits after losing Misty in feb which left me with 4 buns funnily enough this rabbit is grey and white and Misty was grey and white too.

Awwwww bless this little man, I'm so glad you've taken him in - your neighbours don't deserve to have pets!

Back