• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this be ok as a litter tray?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/invt/0242884

Would this be ok as a litter tray? For one bunneh, if i cut one of the sides of and sanded it down?

i am falling out with the corner one! :roll: she sits the wrong way in it and misses! :lol:

Has anybody got any other ideas?

Oh this is the hutch i have..
the link tells the sizes of the hutch.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=373&pf_id=6935

Pic of the hutch
r-d-shack-co-1676-1608_medium.jpg

thanks xxx

I'd say not. It's too tall and your bunny either won't make it in or might get hurt trying. If you cut it down, and sanded it, it will still be much thiner and therefore sharper than the original rounded edges. I would recommend the underbed storage boxes that Wilkinsons do if you want to shop with them. I think they are about £3.99.

Alternatively you could use the cat litter trays that Wilko's do. they come in at between £1.00 and £1.60 I think dependent on which one you go for. I have loads of these as well as dog beds and old pet carriers.

You can pick up a good dog bed for a couple of pounds at a car boot.

i was thinking if i.. wait dad, cut the width side out, so there is a hole? and sand down the edges.

have you got a link to the underbed storage things?

thanks xx

Nope I haven't sorry because I actually go in the shop itself. I don't shop on line for anything much (except ebay for wendy houses of course:lol::lol:).

thank you :)

hmm... i think the width is to long. :? i will have to measure the hutch. i really want a new tray!! :lol: she is lazy... like your frenchie! :lol:

Deej has the large cat litter trays from Wilkinsons as they fit in his cage perfectly! They are a good size, and I know that they do an even lager one too!

I ws going to say cat litter trays are ideal... I get mine from the local pet shop and the biggest one i have cost £2.50... Just bought 3 for the guinea pigs for £1.49 each...

I use a cats litter tray which has a rim which is good. Its keeps all the mess in the litter tray and my rabbits dont miss

I had a similar hutch and if the bed department is the same size a large cat litter tray will fit perfectly

i have had the same problem with weeing up the walls :roll::oops: so i bought a black storage box (similar to your first post) but with one side already moulded lower and not sharp. it came from b and q and was about £4/5. i was worried about them getting in and used a cardboard box as a step-up to begin with, but now Cadbury will just leap over the high sides, loony :roll::lol:

timb0h - i tried to get her to use her bedroom as a loo! but she wasnt haveing any of it! :roll:

thanks for the links peeps :D x
thats great x
i will have a look now :) x

Back