• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting bunnies and rabbits into a trance-is it safe?

NitroNinja

Young Bun
I would like to know this because when I was looking up rabbits before I got one I heard that you can trance them when you need to clean them or trim nails. I know how to do this but I don `t want to in case it isn `t safe. It is said that you rub their nose or something when you are holding it on its back and it triggers something they do to escape prey and they go out. Then when you put them back on their feet they wake up. We need to clean my bunnies feet and we want to do this but we need to know if it is right to do first.

^ Ditto.;)

There is a lot of debate over trancing in the rabbit world, it just depends on people's personal experiences. Personally I've never done it, but that is because Millie would shred my arms to peices if I tried!;):lol::lol::lol:

I've done it at work a few times, for burring bunnies teeth... but I am unsure whether or not it upsets them. It must be safer than risking them jumping whilst a burr is in their mouth, and safer than a GA, but I wouldn't do it other than in that kind of situation.

Back