• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waterproof bottom of hutch

TuFF

Young Bun
Just wondered what people use to waterproof the bottom of there hutches.
(As in a liquid waterproofer not tarp etc etc)

Some people varnish the bottom of their hutches, others line it with lino.

If I am talking on a different bit post some piccies and we can help you

Some people varnish the bottom of their hutches, others line it with lino.

If I am talking on a different bit post some piccies and we can help you

No your not thats exactly what i meant.

Think im going to try lino seems like the easiest and costeffective way unless someone has something better.

Thank you
Jason

I use the vinyl floor tiles on the bottom of mine. I'm useless at DIY and they're not fitted brilliantly, but they are cheap and incredibly easy to clean :D

No your not thats exactly what i meant.

Think im going to try lino seems like the easiest and costeffective way unless someone has something better.

Thank you
Jason

Poundshop is worth a try but you may need some glue to stick them down as they are not always that sticky

I have been wondering this myself as I would like to get as many years as I can out of the hutch we have but our Poppy does like to eat the doors etc:roll:I have been thinking of covering the floor & back panel with G4 paint which is used for ponds to seal out the like of cerment as that'll kill fish, infact alsort of things will kill fish:roll:
What do you think ?
They only thing with lino that worries me is if a bun starts eating it

I used some of those cheap vinyl tiles, but they are all coming unstuck now :(

I think im going to get a large piece of lino and cut to size and secure it with glue and baton it in at the edges to avoid the little tykes having a midnight feast on it. I have seven hutches to do so probably better of doing it that way in the long run.

Thanks for all your replies.
Jason

Back