• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Floss Again U/D She's gone. :(

capel

Warren Veteran
Found her flaked out in the run again. Lethargic, no interest in food, eyes dull. She's back in at the vets and although she's not as far gone as the last time Richard's keeping her in and says "it's def a case for Kevin" as he thinks there must be something else going on..it's only 10 days since her last bout.:(

Last edited:
Found her flaked out in the run again. Lethargic, no interest in food, eyes dull. She's back in at the vets and although she's not as far gone as the last time Richard's keeping her in and says "it's def a case for Kevin" as he thinks there must be something else going on..it's only 10 days since her last bout.:(

Oh no Hilda :cry:

This is sounding all to familiar.............

Sending vibes

Janex

Oh no, hope they find out what it is once and for all and she is OK. Could it be hair as she is moulting?
I suppose it could be anything. She has been having a cube of fresh pineapple throughout to help things along and all the dropping have appeared normal..the usual big golden ones..

I suppose it could be anything. She has been having a cube of fresh pineapple throughout to help things along and all the dropping have appeared normal..the usual big golden ones..

Sounds unlikely then, I know I give them a bit more juice (won't eat the pineapple) if mine are moulting. Having said that I never noticed anything with Katy's poops at Christmas and we put hers down to possible hair being the most likely cause. The do like to keep us on our toes. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Thanks for all the posts. We've had no news on Floss so far, which must be a good thing as when she went in the last time we had a call shortly after leaving her that her condition was worsening so I'm feeling a bit more hopeful this morning. I'm expecting a call around 9am from Kevin as he'll obviously want to discuss things. As soon as I know what's happening I'll update here. I'm beginning to wish she was insured:roll:

Thanks for all the posts. We've had no news on Floss so far, which must be a good thing as when she went in the last time we had a call shortly after leaving her that her condition was worsening so I'm feeling a bit more hopeful this morning. I'm expecting a call around 9am from Kevin as he'll obviously want to discuss things. As soon as I know what's happening I'll update here. I'm beginning to wish she was insured:roll:

I'm in work today Hilda but if you can text me any news and i'll read it at lunch time...
Andy will bring the cage back tomorrow if thats okay, it was none stop for us yesterday so didnt get a chance to clean it out ready for him to take this morning.

No problem Karen. I don't need it at the moment and to be honest it's one less thing cluttering up the clutter!!:)

The news is not good:cry:. She appeared to be holding her own through the night but hadn't responded to medication and this morning she is deteriorating rapidly. They've had a discussion about further treatment and the only option left to them is to open her up and see what's going on. If it's a removable blockage then she has a chance..but he's not hopeful

Oh No Hilda im so sorry....

Sending lots of vibes for the lovely Floss... :)

Hugs to you too, Keep us updated. xxx

Back