• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the rules for pet shops

TuFF

Young Bun
Hi all,
I visited what boasts to be one of the worlds largest pet centers yesterday in bolton i dont know if i can name the place on here so i havent but will tell anyone who asks. To my disgust i saw about 10 mixed breed rabbits crammed into around a 5 or 6ft by 2.5ft cage. There was actually empty cages available that the rabbits could have been split between. The water the rabbits had to drinl was provided in 1 bowl and had actually turned yellow so dont know how long that had been in there when the empty cages had clear fresh water in.
In my opinion this was disgusting and i made my feelings clear to staff who told me if i dont like it leave no one forced you to come in here.
Now i dont knoiw if these rabbits are moved to more suitable accomodation when the store closes, but as a guess i would presume they dont.

What is the best course of action for having this shop checked out. I will of course inform RSPCA but im just wondering if anything else can be done. There was also one porr rabbit locked in a glass cage pacing backwards and forwards and charging at the glass.

Hiya :wave:

No - your right to be concerned, this is not acceptable. I can't believe that member of staff said "if you don't like it don't come in" :shock: wtf!

I would also report it to the local council and the RSPCA, other ppl may have suggestions too.

Well done at wanting to do something about it, thank you! x

never heard of that shop???? and i have only once had a prblem with pet shops but if there is neglect going on then get to the bottom of it! :D :lol:

Back