• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Impressed U/D PICS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Thought this morning i would get a headstart on the hutches (before the weather got the better of the situation!) Cleaned Shadow and Storms hutch first then went onto Moonies, cleaned half no prbs, emptied her bedding out into the dustbin (i lift the two ends of the paper and fold them like a cone as its easier) the bin lid with some of the dirty shavings in on the floor, turn to sweep the stray shavings and find a baby in the lid :shock: Instantly shocked and rooted to the spot, yell at mum, my next thought...theres only one, rush to the bin rummaging through solied soggy shavings to find one more :shock: Lucky thing he is!!!

Heres the mystery... my 4 come out together for the run of the garden, they are all girls...

I never let Moonshine and Scraggles out with any rescue buns as she believes garden is "hers". I dont even put her in a run while others freerange as she will dig out to "see them off".

So where did they come from!?

Ill upload pics later.

Last edited:
Are you sure your four are girls? That would be the first thing to double check :D Even if a boy has lived with a girl for months they won't always get pregnant straight away so it could be ones a boy even though this is the first clue.

What colours the baby - that could be another one

Tam

Are you sure your four are girls? That would be the first thing to double check :D Even if a boy has lived with a girl for months they won't always get pregnant straight away so it could be ones a boy even though this is the first clue.

What colours the baby - that could be another one

Tam

Did that all girls :D

One is black (Moonie is) Other looks agouti.
The only other agouti here has had snippage

Black & agouti colours tend to crop up all over so that doesn't help much - even a spotty bun can produce them.

How old are they - anything exciting happen four weeks ago?

Tam

I know :(

How old are whom? The babies or my bunnies?

To my knowledge nothing happened unless my brothers :censored: friends have provoked something while i was out. Thats the only thing i can think of. And she was due to go in for spey on Wednesday :shock::roll:

I meant the babies to try and date when the mating happened see if it reminded you of anything.

If it's possible your brother would mix them then you could fit padlocks.

Tam

I think it was his friend.

They have their soft baby fur, like the downy first fur so i think about 3-4 days old. They are being upgraded next month to a hutch im getting made with secure locks so -fingers crossed- and as soon as babbies are of age, Moonie poo and my other 3 are all going in together for their speys :roll:

Is it possible that wild buns can get into your garden?

I have never seen wild buns as i have neighbours either side and a gym car park behind, i did consider the thought but next door but one's garden used to house foxes so on that fact i highly doubt it :(

I keep getting a nagging feeling that there are other babies in the sack though i searched through it all :( Thing is there are 5 sacks out back now, and being all tied up and all :(

Last edited:
I think you need to have a major rethink about what you are doing. 2 litters of babies have been born now to my knowledge, the does getting pregnant whilst in your care. Somethings not right there is it.

Moonshine is my own rabbit. She is not "in my care" as such.

Delilah was 4 months old and up until she had a litter, was a Dillon. She has since been Speyed and her partner neutered.

001-15.jpg

002-14.jpg

003-11.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-9.jpg

008-9.jpg

009-11.jpg

I think you need to have a major rethink about what you are doing. 2 litters of babies have been born now to my knowledge, the does getting pregnant whilst in your care. Somethings not right there is it.

Accidents happen... why do you always have to have a dig at people?

There is an answer I would love to give you, but I think I'd be banned.

Accidents like that have never happened in the 8 years I have been doing rescue. I think some reflection what is going on is needed. I am only saying what many others are thinking.

Please do tell me what you think as i would like to hear it straight. If you have any questions i am willing to answer them if i can.

I have 4 rabbits
They are all girls
They are let out for the run of the garden together
Their are only two un neutered males currently at the rescue, one wasnt here 4 weeks ago, the other, has never been in a run while Moon was freeranging. If you have any idea what may have happened, feel free to tell me.

Ok, I am going to be completely honest here and I am not trying to upset anyone at all. This thread has really, really upset me. I tried so hard to save Mom and babies on Saturday and to read that some babies may have been put in the bin is devastating to me, I really hope that you did get them all out :cry:. I think you need to check the bedding everyday, this is not the first time you've had babies and you didn't know they were there last time as they were there for nearly a week before you realised. I know you love your bunnies very much, but you need to be very careful. You've got some in for a spey are you sure they're not pregnant? One thing I didn't know was that it's dangerous to late spay when pregnant (read Dusty's factory bunny thread), if there is a chance your other girlies could be pregnant then the vet would need to know before he/she ops.

It's not the immaculate conception they're getting pregnant somehow, I think what Tamsin has said could be right, could there be a chance one of your girls is a boy, have you got a third party to sex them to be on the safe side? I am rubbish at sexing unless it's obvious, I always get me vet to check. :D

Edited to say babies are cute :love:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back