• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Dog Worries Me

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
one of my dogs, Zoe is 17 years old
There are times when I think she has died...I start to get upset...then she moves or I notice her breathing
She has done this regularly for the last 2 years!!

See what I mean? :lol:
Zoe.jpg

ETA just explaining as some people seem to have got the wrong impression
I do not think it is funny my dog is old or ill..just that she keeps playing dead
Grief......:roll:

Last edited:
Just to make it clear..this was meant to be a funny pic:?
She is poorly but it is all due to age...and of course she sees a vet when needed

She is a lovely girl..but I do know at 17 I'm lucky to still have her...

Its a fantastic age! Our animals just seem to like to scare us, I caught Opal lying almost upside down the other day, my heart stopped beating! Then she moved, as i startled her! :lol:

Polo is great Jill! She loves running around the garden doing lots and lots of binkies with Oscar! I love my garden its very secure (6ft fence all around the garden and its a doggy free zone (they dont get to go in the garden at all, its for bunnies only!!). I always lock the patio door from the outside too, as im slightly paranoid about the dogs somehow managing to open the door (its impossible but it makes me feel a hell of a lot better)

Pics here from last weekish :D

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=136786&highlight=polo+oscar

They take it in turns to go out in pairs around the garden.

makes no sence your thread saying she dosent move and you get upset until she start breathing ect and then saying its meant to be funny pic?? :shock:

Awww she's lovely Jill, looks very happy there relaxing in the sun :lol::lol:
Our family dog lived until he was 21 years old we were lucky to have him for so long :)

makes no sence your thread saying she dosent move and you get upset until she start breathing ect and then saying its meant to be funny pic?? :shock:

We quite often post pics of our animals playing dead, and its quite normal for it to frighten us to death. Jill posted the pic as if to say, is it any wonder i get so upset, when she does this?! :lol: They try and scare their mummies thats all!

Sorry but I didn't think I'd need to explain that I don't think it's funny she is old and ill....just quite funny that she keeps scaring me..she has "played dead" often for the last 2 years...

That pic is kind of frightening....she does a VERY convincing playing dead! :shock: :lol:

One day last week I went outside and one of my yellow Dutchies, Charlie, was laying on his side, totally still, with his legs stretched out totally stiff and his head twisted sideways at a weird angle. I was POSITIVE that he had died, and I actually screamed! My neighbour was in her back garden, and she called over, 'What's the matter, Jill?!?' But when I screamed, Charlie jumped and came about a foot off the ground.....so when my neighbour called over, I just said, "BIG spider!!!" :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :lol:

one of my dogs, Zoe is 17 years old
There are times when I think she has died...I start to get upset...then she moves or I notice her breathing
She has done this regularly for the last 2 years!!

See what I mean? :lol:
Zoe.jpg

ETA just explaining as some people seem to have got the wrong impression
I do not think it is funny my dog is old or ill..just that she keeps playing dead
Grief......:roll:

OMG i didnt realise dogs did it too :shock::shock: bad enough thinking the bunny is dead without the pup doin it as well :lol::lol:

Hi Jill you must be doing something right to still have Zoe at 17.Its so sad when they get old It really doesn't seem five mins ago when they were a little ball of fluff.Zoe is a credit to you please give her a big kiss from me.

Hi Jill you must be doing something right to still have Zoe at 17.Its so sad when they get old It really doesn't seem five mins ago when they were a little ball of fluff.Zoe is a credit to you please give her a big kiss from me.

yep it will be awful when she goes:cry: I remember losing my 1st dog..he was 16..and cried for weeks about him...the down side of having pets..
couldn't be without them though..
my other dog , Charlie, who we think of as the youngster is 11!:lol:

You'll be pleased to know that Charlie had me opening up the run in a hurry the other day with his dead rabbit impression. Does the old heart no good all these 'dead' animals. I got right up to Charlie before I could see him still breathing! :roll: :lol:

The first time I saw Lola playing "dead" I was gutted - I was in a right fret!

Little tinkers!

jill ive got a cavalier spaniel who is fourteen and sometimes i watch her asleep on the sofa, and i think she isnt breathing i get up and im like 'bonnie!'then she grunts at me and turns away 'thanks for ruining my nap' lol

i know 14 isnt especially old but it is for a cavalier!

your doggy is luvverly x

Back