• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ive ran out of wood shavings!! U/D Pics of the hutch :)

Mazda

Warren Veteran
:shock: god im so stupid, i really need to clean pebbles hutch! You would all disown me if you saw it! :oops: and i just went out to start doing it and i have no wood shavings, and i cant get to newport until thurs at the earliest, cause mum is ill, and will be better by wednesday but wont be able to drive til thuraday!! :cry: What else could i put in the hutch? Would shreaded paper be ok? I have enough wood shaveing to do litter tray changes, but not clean the whole hutch! i feel really, really bad! :cry:

Whyat else could i use??
thanks Mai xxx

Last edited:
just put some newspaper down, it'll do fine. you might even find it easier and cheaper to maintain with newspaper and just a sawdust toilet. she'll probably love shredding the paper herself too!

do you have enough hay? a lot of people just use newspaper with a hay filled litter box, i just use hay throughout mine

yea i have a new bag of hay, why didnt i buy sawdust when i bought the hay?? :roll:

So just newspaper will be ok? i was just thinking it wont be absorbant, she mostly pees in her litter tray, but she likes to pee by her food bowl aswell! :roll: i dunno why, she has just always done it! :roll: xx

Put the food bowl in the tray? Squidgy has his in his tray, as he likes to pee while he's eating:roll:
When I've run out of litter pellets in the past, I've used newspaper and hay in their trays - not as good, but works well enough.

Put the food bowl in the tray? Squidgy has his in his tray, as he likes to pee while he's eating:roll:
When I've run out of litter pellets in the past, I've used newspaper and hay in their trays - not as good, but works well enough.

Put her food in her tray? I though they didnt like there food by their tray? Only their hay in there? :?

If i put her bowl by her tray i wouldnt be able to get it out in the mornings she is sooo protective over her tray, i would have no hand left! :lol: To clean her tray i have to take her out of the hutch!! :roll: xx

Rabbits love to 'chew and poo' so filling a litter tray with newspaper and hay is perfectly fine. I happen to use Megazorb too, but newpaper would be absolutely fine. (Personally I would never, ever use sawdust/shavings anyway). Quite often I will throw some pellets in the hay boxes to make it fun for the buns to find them. There really should be no reason why a bunny would object to their food in or near their litter.:D

Helen

Rabbits love to 'chew and poo' so filling a litter tray with newspaper and hay is perfectly fine. I happen to use Megazorb too, but newpaper would be absolutely fine. (Personally I would never, ever use sawdust/shavings anyway). Quite often I will throw some pellets in the hay boxes to make it fun for the buns to find them. There really should be no reason why a bunny would object to their food in or near their litter.:D

Helen

hmm, i suppose! But i would have no hands left! :lol: she would bite me, scram me, growl, lunge! she is ssooooo protective over her tray!! :?

hmm, i suppose! But i would have no hands left! :lol: she would bite me, scram me, growl, lunge! she is ssooooo protective over her tray!! :?

I have a girly who used to lunge at me - she still growls a bit. I have got passed this by feeding her pellets from my mouth :)roll:) she takes them so gently. She just seems to hate hands and it's nothing to do with the food or her territory at all. You can kiss her head and feed her by mouth as much as you want so long as your hands are no where near. She as rescued from a horrid place with many other rabbits which almost certainly explains this though....

I have a girly who used to lunge at me - she still growls a bit. I have got passed this by feeding her pellets from my mouth :)roll:) she takes them so gently. She just seems to hate hands and it's nothing to do with the food or her territory at all. You can kiss her head and feed her by mouth as much as you want so long as your hands are no where near. She as rescued from a horrid place with many other rabbits which almost certainly explains this though....

I recued my girl from horrid conditions! she was neglected by her owner, i didnt get to see the state of the hutch, but when mum went to see her it was horrible, it was cleaned before she was dropped off at my house. Its really arkward, cause the kid who 'looked after her' (not very well she didnt) is in my school and she is a horrible person and always asks me if she is dead yet! :cry: :cry: She used to live in a tiny hutch, the smallest on from pets at home!! :cry: and had no attention at all! She was 2 in april and i have had her since october the 5th! I hate to think of her in the tiny hutch for a yr and half, with nowhere to run! :cry: She has come along way i spose since when i got her. At least she lets me stoke her now :) shes not a bunneh for cuddles but she will sit for about 10 - 15 mins for strokes then go off to her daily bunny routine! :lol: bless her! then will come up to you when she want attention :) xx

rite i used newspater :) and i put her bowl by her tray :D

i will put pics up later :) cause i dont think i have ever put pics of her hutch up before :D x

i actuelly prefer the hutch with just newspaper on the bottem! i think i will do that throughout the summer :)x

here are some pics of my, well Pebbles' hutch.
DSC00163.jpg
sorry a tad wonky! :lol:
DSC00148.jpg
the upstairs
DSC00146.jpg
her igloo filled with shreaded paper
DSC00145.jpg
her litter tray, with her food bowl by it :) x
DSC00162.jpg
and there is Pebble :D x
i havent got a pic of her bedroom! she kept trying to escape when i opened the bedroom door! :lol:

hope you like the hutch! :D xx

looks lovely and clean,i prefer newspaper,although I have just started using horse bedding which i ordered online and is half the price.I have the same bunny toys as you too :love::love:

looks lovely and clean,i prefer newspaper,although I have just started using horse bedding which i ordered online and is half the price.I have the same bunny toys as you too :love::love:

Oooh, have you got a link to the horse bedding?
i bought the toys for her... and she doesnt play with them! :roll: she prefers the good ol' toilet roll tube, paper, cardboard! :lol: bless her! I put some real thick cardboard in there earlier one, after i took those pics! she throws it round and eats it! bless her! :) xxx

Back