• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need help identifying the breed of rabbits please :)

nikitanain

Warren Scout
Hi everyone

can anyone Id the breeds of Yin and Yang

i changed the name of the thread and changed the pic..

thanks for the tip :)

DSC05587.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya :)

Just a little tip, maybe a lighter photo would be better as that's a little too dark, (no offence). and maybe name the thread something like "Need help with identifing the breeds of my rabbits please!" to make more people look :)

Plus I love the names and your buns are beautiful :love:

Hello :wave: They look like mixed breed bunnies to me, I don't think they are any particular breed - they have a beautiful classic 'wild rabbit' shape which is great as it makes them far less prone to genetic health problems with teeth and eyes :D

In that case I reckon they'll be about 2kg each when they are fully grown.

Please be careful how much lettuce you give them at such a young age, some types of lettuce are ok, others are really bad for them and can give them very sticky bums or bloat.

They are very cute, are they boys or girls?

i give them lettuce once in 3 days(just a few leaves).. the other day we were out of veggies hence i gave em lettuce :oops:

they look like boys, but their too young too tell (their pee pee areas are too tender to press)

I have a dutch cross Beatrix who looks similar,they are beautiful,she was that shape but fattened up after spaying,she weighs 2.57kg and getting a bit fat,so on a diet :D

thanks guys :)

yin is very mischievous...and yang loves to laze around... their personalities are just opposite to their names :lol:

i get a feeling that yang is a girl... i checked them today, but honestly they are still 2 small to be sure.... we dont get black rabbits here, so i may breed them.....

:wave: Are they from the same litter? If they are, please don't breed from them, as it could be very dangerous for the mother and there is a good chance that the babies will either die pretty much straight away or have health problems due to inbreeding.

If it turns out that you have either one or two males I would recommend trying to find a good vet who will castrate him/them as soon as possible - two unneutered boys will almost always fight each other when they become mature, and if one is a boy and you keep the two together, she could get pregnant every 4 weeks (females get pregnant again straight away after birth) so would become quickly exhausted!

At three months old you should soon be able to tell fairly easily either of them is a male - he will develop a pair of big bald sacks down between his legs, they are usually fairly obvious :oops:

Last edited:
there are no sacks between the legs.. so they may be younger than what i was told in that case..if it is one boy and one girl then i shall get them neutered...but i am hoping that i am wrong.. :cry: i dont want to harm any one of them......

there are no sacks between the legs.. so they may be younger than what i was told in that case..if it is one boy and one girl then i shall get them neutered...but i am hoping that i am wrong.. :cry: i dont want to harm any one of them......

Neutering is always good, even if they are female. Makes them less moody and unneutered females often die young of uterine cancer. Therefore we recommend to have boy bunnies neutered as soon as you can see their bits, which is usually at around 3 months of age, and females at around 5 months of age. Just make sure you have a vet who knows what he/she is doing.

Their head shapes definitely look as if they may have some Dutch in them. Very pretty.

finding a vet who can neuter rabbits is going to be a HUGE task.. i shall start searching from 2mrw as it is already night here ......

i had to share this pic... one of the guinea pigs was sleeping in the rabbits tuunnel
DSC05622.jpg

Back