• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi, new poster, Can my bunny have a friend

EllieHelps

New Kit
basically hes a rescue bunny from the RSPCA, i have had him a year, nothing is known of his history as he was found in a field being used as a football, and a woman saw him, grabbed him, ran off with him and took him to the rspca

we have been considering getting him a friend for a while, but are not sure as not too much was known about him, and hes a bit stuck in his ways

he lives outside and loves watching things going on, but doenst really like being picked up to much

I dont want him to be lonely, but cant house 2 bunnies, or a guinea pig if he doesnt like them

The best thing to do would be to go to a rescue that help bonding as at least you can take your bun and try him with potential girlies:D

I agree with trying to get him a rabbit friend from a rescue - if the bonding doesn't work out, you're not stuck with another rabbit. Is he neutered?

Some rabbits are resistant to being paired up but it's not common...the majority do benefit from the companionship of their own species. It's no longer recommended to keep rabbits with guinea pigs though.

Back