• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please recommend some good rabbit care books I can buy

senatorvass

Warren Scout
I need a really good rabbit care book that will teach me the basics about EVERYTHING to do with rabbits - food etc. (Assuming you dont want me to start another 4 million threads!) Any suggestions? Ideally I will find one on ebay (buy it now) as I have some money in paypal.

:wave: a must have is "rabbit health in the 21st century" its excellent and we got it when we first got buns...its falling apart but even after 8 years i still revert back to it when i need to know something:)

:wave: a must have is "rabbit health in the 21st century" its excellent and we got it when we first got buns...its falling apart but even after 8 years i still revert back to it when i need to know something:)

I agree with this its a brilliant book.I also have textbook of rabbit Medicine by Frances Harcourt-Brown.Ive found this forum has got more information than all the books put together

Last edited:
:wave: the rabbit in the 21st century by katy smith is a bit too daunting if you cant get beyond the american terms for medications etc but you soon learn!
i have rabbitlopeadia and was very disappointed in it when i got it home.
i love the house rabbit handbook by marinell harriman
living with a houserabbit by helen flack and lindya dykes
my very first book i ever had was......the really useful bunny guide by carolina james
i think its perfect for a beginners guide to bunies personally.

the more advanced stuff is fine for some folks but not for others.....the pics alone make you faint and you need a dictionary to understand! its fine if you want to beat your vet at his own game..using long terms etc:lol:

theres also the internet....loads of info at your figer tips about non health related issues
like bunny body language...http://language.rabbitspeak.com/

bunnyproofing......http://www.bunnyproof.com/tw-070606072426.html

"rabbits for dummies" is very comprehensive but wiht a couple of bits of dubious information.

I also have "rabbit health in the 21st century" "house rabbit handbook" "why does my rabbit...?" and some others...which i'll look at when i get in cos I've forgotten them. :oops:

thank you!! I will look at all of those!

I need to get my pics of my bunnies posted here! I dont have them home they are staying at the RSPCA home for a couple of weeks but they are GORGEOUS and so snuggly and cuddly!!

:lol::lol: i agree with that....thatd raise a few laughs.

aww those busn look soooo cute.

hey hapy hopping the books you have there onlysome are available over here! weird huh! the 5 minute vet consult one i cant find on amazon uk at all!

id like a book entitled ......so you think youre rabbit maybe ill........or ten top tips for helping bun survive before the emergency vet........is youre bunny quiet or is it ill.......etc etc..then another chapter dealing with levels of said illness treatments.....from novice to the experts on here..you know who you are:lol:

maybe we should all collaborate and write our own experiences down and then at the end send them to one very patient person or twenty who could then write them up as case histories with a bullet point on the condition..symptoms..home treatments..vet treatments..alternative therapies...etc etc and how it progressed......
each condition could have its own chapter with stasis especially..unique causes like donnas bob who got it from shredding fibres off his bandage on his paw that the vet had warapped up..anyone rember that case?

how to treat a bunny in shock....how to resuscitate a bunny etc etc..i have a cat book with a chapter on emergency first aid for cats with even mouth to mouth for cats but havent found anything of the like for bunnies....

if we could get it off and running we could then get proceeds for the fund like we have here where it gets picked for rescues..or named sources susch as ebony eyes....and all the resuces here for a start.

pipe dream maybe..but hey i can spell check and type to a fashion pmsl..would need aprinter tho...and a brain..........

seriously tho if we all could chip in typing up a few chapters each can you imagine the time it would save and it would be all our baby:lol:

mmm write the bunny book you always wished youd had to begin with....without cannabslising other works already available. one section at a time dealing with novice owners right up to seasoned bun nurses.

anyone?

well I would be willing to do that but what I know about rabbit care could fill a thimble!!! Ask me again in a couple of months and I am on board!

I reckon Rabbitlopaedia is really good, and then there are all the girls on here too for good measure.cant beat experience.xx

Back