• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

is she allergic

funny bunny

Young Bun
my little poland lop sarabi is sneezing like crazy ...i feed her this food called fiesta it has food pelets etc..

she always leaves this part of the food behind
Photo1.jpg

everytime she eats it she sneezez while eating this part of the food

sohuld i remove it

I would consider changing over to a different food, the problem with mixes is that they do not offer all the nutrition that a rabbit needs unless they eat the lot. When they selectively feed some part of the diet is deficient and ill health can occur as a result of this.

If you can find a pelleted food and change your bun over to this over a period of at least 10 days you will find that your rabbits diet would improve.

No wonder she wont eat it. There are two types of vegetarians in the animal-world: those that eats seeds and those that eat plants (and those that eats both...) rabbits are of the latter. They feed on grass and leaves in the wild, not seeds.
I'm with jrn1310 on this, a type made out of only pellets would be better;)

As for the seeds, you could try planting them in a flower pot. I did that once with parts of my hamster mix and got nice grass out of it which I later fed to the rabbits and hamster. (Hamsters eats seeds but they enjoy vegetables too)

Well some rabbits eat it others don't (and I have rexes, they are big food-lovers), but seeds aren't the best for them...

The growing thing was just a tip from my side, I think its funny:D You'll never know quite what will grow.

Haha I'll definately try that! Boris seems to like seeds but one of the hamsters,Pepsi,always leaves some of them behind :lol:

Back