• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns came home from bonding holiday and its all gone Pete Tong!

Ashley

Alpha Buck
I bought Ben and Daisy home at 4:30pm. After an hour and a half i noticed there had been a tussle. I removed the tufts of fur and popped out regularly, but each time new tufts. The stange thing was the were acting like nothing had happened. Even sitting together.

At 7:30 i checked again and there was blood everywhere. Checked Ben first and he was ok. I then found Daisy had a nipped ear. (Applied Sudocrem)

I've rang the lady from the rescue that bonded them and she said i could take them back to her. Problem is she works at weekends and can't watch them. I've decided try and do it myself. So Daisy is in a petcarrier in the hutch for tonight then car ride together in morning, followed by re-bond tomorrow.

Please send bonding vibes.

More bonding vibes, hope they love each other soon!! Can I be nosey and ask which rescue they were bonded at, I'm not far from you :)

Its a relatively small rescue in Chichester called The Cat and Rabbit Rescue Centre http://www.crrc.co.uk/

The lady that helps them with bonding, also has a relationship with a local charity called ASAP http://www.asap.hampshire.org.uk/ she used to provide the care for their rescue buns, but now just helps with bonding for CRRC (as far as i am aware) :D

Thanks :) I've heard a little bit about them but have never been there. Hope your bunnies behave soon! :D

I washed it with 10% bleach and then rinsed with 50/50 White vinegar and water. Then i changed things round a bit so it looked different. :D
DSCF0781.jpg
Obviously not good enough for Ben :?

Awwww hun I hope it's just a one off tiff and they soon decide they are meant to be :)

What did they lady say about their holiday bond? Were they getting on well before returning home? :)

Sending calm bonding vibes xx

Yeah they had been ok in 5ft hutch since wednesday. No fighting at all during this time. I don't know if the were grooming but looked happy together when i picked them up.

:wave: Hi Ashley
We've just been through this ourselves this week too. Brought the lurv buns home Sunday, 48hrs of bliss then all out fur pulling. Had to separate them Tues. Thankfully the rescue who bonded them told me about the car trick which we did on Wed, took them for 20min drive in carrier then put them somewhere new. Did the trick although there was a little fur pulling initially, kept them apart for the night and Thurs put them together in the bathroom.
All sorted. Like yours, ours had seemed relaxed around one another but if they came within 2ft of each other they fought. It was a dominance issue but they've sorted it out now - she will be the boss and have the rights to the last bits of food :lol:.

Hope it goes well for them Ashley, sending vibes too.
Liz

goodnes is it something in the air? all bondings this weekend seem to have gone loverly then suddenly bad?!including our one.... well i hope that your two settle it out good luck xx

Having really mixed feelings about the bonding. They have been ignoring each all day. I have checked them over again recently and found Ben has some bite marks and bald patches on his back just above his tail. He looks fed up too :cry:. These arn't new were probably done prior to him biting her ear yesterday. They havn't had any fights today so i guess thats good :D I suppose i just want to know, when it will be over one way or another.

I'm thinking if they have another bad fight i should call it a day with this pair. I know my heart rules my head and i may be giving up before really giving love a good chance. Its just Ben bonded with his previous bunfriend straight away and no fighting at all. :?

They have been together a week tomorrow. What do you think?

Back