• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just some piccies of wildlife etc

Fairy13

Wise Old Thumper
Just thought I'd post some piccies that were mostly taken in center parcs last week:

There were a couple of Jays that visited us fro breakfast and dinner at our villa :)

2008_0109weddingweek0027.jpg

And Mr Pheasant too. He was very brave!

2008_0109weddingweek0005.jpg

and mr toad just hanging out on the front path

2008_0109weddingweek0009.jpg

along with these Cinnabar moth larvae

2008_0109weddingweek0060.jpg

and i couldn't not take piccies of the wild bunnies! This was a young one:

2008_0109weddingweek0023.jpg

who seemed to be out grazing with an elder bun

2008_0109weddingweek0062.jpg

and for me the most magical were the deer that appeared at dusk, i unfortunately couldnt get very good photos cos of the light (and I dont know how to work our new camera properly yet!) and also cos I didnt want to startle them

2008_0109weddingweek0071.jpg

and 2nd to last my hubby's family dog Rufus who came to center parcs with us. He's such a lovely boy, getting on a bit now but he seemed to enjoy it there

2008_0109weddingweek0035.jpg

and Hazel and Tamlin, who didnt come with us, its just a pretty recent picture of the loved up couple!

2008_0109weddingweek0094.jpg

Sorry a bit overkill, but I hope you like them x

Well you've sold Centre Parcs to me now :)
Is the toad pregnant or just fat :lol: Love the pheasant putting his foot forward so daintily.

Thanks I'm glad you like them :D We wondered that about the toad. Do toads get pregnant as such?! I've no clue about them! He/She was about the size of the open palm of my OH big man hands :lol: I must admit i did squeal a bit when I first saw it! :oops:
We usually go in winter to center parcs just for a break but to see all these little guys on our doorstep was a first for us, i guess they're hidden away in winter. We used to put breakast out and just spend the next hour watching who came to eat :D The squirrels did keep waking us up very early morning though, scurrying across the roof. They are soo funny too!

fantastic photos.The female toad releases long strands of eggs and the male sits on her back and fertilizes them with sperm as they come out.The eggs are usually laid on water weed

fantastic photos.The female toad releases long strands of eggs and the male sits on her back and fertilizes them with sperm as they come out.The eggs are usually laid on water weed

thats kinda the sort of thing I thought must happen :oops: :lol: so she wouldnt be pregnant as such then would she? Or could she be full of eggs?! :? :shock: :lol: I dont have a clue! :lol: thanks!

not sure if this will work but this is a little vid of one of the squirrells who came to visit too. Sorry its wobbly, thats me OH not me!! :lol::lol:

Back