• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

number 13, unlucky for some?-U/D its home.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Number 13 rabbit might be on its way.
Just spoken to my sister, and she has persuaded her neighbour to hand over her rabbit.:D
It is a black dutch, and has spent his whole life in a small hutch, seldom being let out, cleaned out or fed or watered, my sister used to sneak over and feed and water it when the owners were out. It is over 5 years old.
My sister has called the SSPCA twice, and they have advised the owners but haven't followed it up. I'm kind of worried about the state it will be in, it's apparently quite aggressive so I suspect it's nails will be long, it's teeth could be bad, who knows what else.
We are going to collect it tomorrow, hope to god they don't change their mind, have a horrible feeling they might.

Last edited:
I hope you get it, but if they decide to change their mind then give them the option which normally works, 'they hand the rabbit over to you or you will phone the SSPCA and will get an inspector to come down and they will get prosecuted for neglect and not following the advice given by them in the previous visits' most people haven't a clue and will hand it over.

It looks like we will get the rabbit and hutch-yeah. We will pick it up tomorrow, my sister checked how old it is, and the owner said it was 8!!!!! Don't know what sex it is, it is supposed to be a boy, saying that its never been to the vet. It has been fed Wagg, what is this food like?

Last edited:
It looks like we will get the rabbit and hutch-yeah. We will pick it up tomorrow, my sister checked how old it is, and the owner said it was 8!!!!! Don't know what sex it is, it is supposed to be a boy, saying that its never been to the vet. It has been fed Wagg, what is this food like?

Hi, wagg food is a muesli costing £1.70 were i live!!!!:cry:

Well we've just settled bunny in, we think its a girl, she has a big dewlap, I just checked her bottom for sore hocks and flystrike, but I don't think there were any testicles there. Her nails were horrendously long and she has a sore eye, not sure if there is swelling on the face or if it is her colouring.
The hutch was disgusting, most of it was wee and poops and there was no food or hay, she is tucking into the hay at the moment and we have taken some photos.
We're just going to leave her now to settle and have a better check over tomorrow, if she is a girl, I think we'll call her Kizzy.
I feel sick.:censored:

Meet Kizzy

Kizzy.
S5030774.jpg

S5030778.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry: Poor bunny

I just don't understand how people can leave their pets to get like that. They must be void of any real emotion.

well done for taking him in and giving him the chance of a happy life...

Oh, look at those nails :cry:
Thank goodness this poor bunny will know some love and care now. Well done for taking her in.

Back