• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Buns are they lazy?

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
Do giant buns have a different temprement than other buns?Stumpy is very lazy and is always lying out flat on the floor,like a big lump.why arent there any books on giants?How do you know how much weight is safe for them to put on each month,so that they dont have health problems?:?

Ill have to ask the girls at the vets to give me my buns weights at different ages to let you know.Mine come out in the mornings have a good nose around the garden for an hour or so then lay down most of the day then start getting active again about now.This is usually binky time.Maybe Stumpy bun is hot.

I suppose it depends as I have an 7mth old french lop that is always on the go and into everything along with 2 continentals that get up to allsorts of mischief and onethen just lazes around. Most of my 3yr plus giants just like to laze around and have the occasional little spurt of energy.

I suppose it depends as I have an 7mth old french lop that is always on the go and into everything along with 2 continentals that get up to allsorts of mischief and onethen just lazes around. Most of my 3yr plus giants just like to laze around and have the occasional little spurt of energy.

how many buns do you have?

how many giants?

They all live in sheds outside and some live in the garage. I adore them and hopefully when I move I will have more room so I am hoping to start a giant rabbit sanctuary:D

They all live in sheds outside and some live in the garage. I adore them and hopefully when I move I will have more room so I am hoping to start a giant rabbit sanctuary:D

We must have some pics!!! 20 giants!!! I am green:lol:

Lucius has made an art form out of lounging around and doing as little as possible :lol: He's even got me carrying him in from the garage at night to his crate and dinner :oops::oops::lol::lol:

I had 4 Flemish Giants in the past 10 yr. My impression is, when they are young, they are hopping around like monkey, when they get mature, they are much more relaxed.

Although my 3rd Flemish Giant, Little Happy, (male) was restless bunny, nosing around in his entire life. The other 3 so happened to be all female.

Having said that, I now one Dutch bun, Minnie, and 1 Silver Marten, Bernie. Quite honestly, the Dutch is about the same as the Flemish Giants that I had, quite relaxed and don't hop much during the day.

However, one big difference btwn. Giants vs. Dutch say, is that when they run in the backyard, Minnie run a lot faster, and she can do all 4 feet off the ground. Giants can't do that.

Back