• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP!! whats she doing???

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Got Mrs Bun a new hutch today.settled her in and left her to it.Been checking her today and got her some dandylion leaves.she popped into bed and so i opened the door.There is fur everywhere and shes not done this in the time ive had her- 2 months or less.Whats she up to? i know shes hormonal as shes been aggressive.I know nothing about bunnies or girlie bunnies.Got a book on order.Rabbitlopaedia but not got it yet for refferral.

It sounds like she's building a nest. Female bunnies have "phantom" pregnancies when they're hormonal. The best thing to do is to get her spayed, which can be done from the age of about 4 months onwards. This will stop the hormonal aggression and nest-building, and also protect her from uterine cancer as she gets older. Find a really good vet who has done lots of spays before, and ask for advice here too as there's lots of resources here to help you. :)

AMETHYST

:wave: it sounds like a phantom pregnancy where females pluck hair to make a nest for babies although they aren't pregnant - it's a hormonal thing.

I know shes hormonal but i wasnt expecting this.Shes booked for a spey 18th.Will she be ok?how much fur will she pull out?

She will be absolutely fine:D most uneutered females do it. I have a neutered male that makes them:shock::roll:

youre probaably wondering why i have a bunny if i know nothing.A friend found her as a stray and returned her to her owner but they didnt want her so i took her in.

Don't be daft we all have to start somewhere. At least you have joined the forum to find out things and ask:D that in my books makes you an excellent pet owner:D

youre probaably wondering why i have a bunny if i know nothing.

:wave: don't be so silly! if i had a girl and she started nest buliding i'd be panicking! i only know about phantoms from reading on here, you'll pick up so much info so quickly. i'm still learning everyday!

Back