• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dead/Happy Bunny Flop (DBF) U/D

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Does your bunny do the most dramatic DBF's?

The first time I saw Lola do one, I was gutted, I thought she had keeled over.

Now, I know she does it because she is happy and content - but why the drama??? I can hear the "thud" when she does it! :) She does it so vigourously she rolls over onto her back.

I also love it when she wakes up and stretches! :love::love:

Apparently this is alsos callled a Happy Bunny Flop - far nicer name but I got the DBF off another rabbit help website - sorry if it upset anyone - I am new to this!

Last edited:
My oldest two do it, just to scare me I'm sure. They are little swines and won't get back up if I bang on the window. Basically, they aren't moving 'til I go out and pick them some grass, am sure they do it deliberately!

Mine don't so I was horrified when my sisters bun did it when we were looking after him..I really though he was dead...I had to prod him :roll:

Do lops do it more than uppy eared?

Lola does it all of the time - its like a teenage strop from Kevin and Perry!

She loved a cushion cover we had, and spent hours nuzzling it so its in her cage now - I have new cushion covers - she just flops down - the first time i saw it I was stricken - but now I know its what happy bunnies do I just smile :D:D

i love it when big's does it its normaly after some "ahem a cuddleling activity" which makes it even more funny as he normaly happy flops nexts to his cuddly toy, there loads of bunnies on youtube showing this,

Back