• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The New Forest and Hampshire County Show

Hi you!

I live locally to you in Hedge End, and I would like to know if they do rabbits as well. Although I would want quite alot for £15....

Anybody know??

Mia

I got my Simba from there 5yrs ago :D:D They had lots of rabbits there that year but i havent been back since ;)

I was talking to a friend of mine today about this and she said there will be lots of different rabbit breeds there on show. I've never been, but apparently it is huge, not just agricultural or about sheep and cows, lots of events, plants too, so may get me making a visit this year.:D

I was talking to a friend of mine today about this and she said there will be lots of different rabbit breeds there on show. I've never been, but apparently it is huge, not just agricultural or about sheep and cows, lots of events, plants too, so may get me making a visit this year.:D

When is it? I've never been to a show like that. Maybe I could come down an join you. Or are there many plants for sale, too? :D

Edit: I should click on the link to find out about the date, shouldn't I. :oops::oops: It's past midnight, sowwwwwy.

When is it? I've never been to a show like that. Maybe I could come down an join you. Or are there many plants for sale, too? :D

Edit: I should click on the link to find out about the date, shouldn't I. :oops::oops: It's past midnight, sowwwwwy.

Am just waiting for my lemsip to kick in then I am off for some kip ( unless my cold has other ideas). The show is at the end of the month, will need to check myself!:lol: Really don't know too much about it as never been, but just happened we were talking about it today on the way up to Hampton Court. I will try and find out a bit more and let you know, then you can decide whether you think it's worth the entrance. :D I can't imagine there will be a big horticulture area as there is so much other, 'country life' type stuff to fit in, but it might be interesting.:D

Am just waiting for my lemsip to kick in then I am off for some kip ( unless my cold has other ideas). The show is at the end of the month, will need to check myself!:lol: Really don't know too much about it as never been, but just happened we were talking about it today on the way up to Hampton Court. I will try and find out a bit more and let you know, then you can decide whether you think it's worth the entrance. :D I can't imagine there will be a big horticulture area as there is so much other, 'country life' type stuff to fit in, but it might be interesting.:D

From the website it looks a bit too much like countryside people. They have show about ferrets and long netting. And working dogs. And sheep racing. Might be a bit much for a town person like me. :lol:

From the website it looks a bit too much like countryside people. They have show about ferrets and long netting. And working dogs. And sheep racing. Might be a bit much for a town person like me. :lol:

Hmm not sure myself still, plus I'm not always comfortable when it comes to the 'realities' of country living, where animals are functional working or food.:?
I know it all goes on and it's 'life' but not sure I want to pay for the priviledge of seeing it all, especially as I'm just a sap and think of animals as pets. I will want to bring everything home, mother it and give it a name and it may be that they are all perfectly happy with their current existence!:lol:

I haven't been to a show like that in years. Don't think I could bring myself to go to one now I am a bunny person.

If it's the sort of place that Fur And Feather will be having a stand then that's a definite no go.

They keep bunnies in tiny display cages:(

I haven't been to a show like that in years. Don't think I could bring myself to go to one now I am a bunny person.

If it's the sort of place that Fur And Feather will be having a stand then that's a definite no go.

They keep bunnies in tiny display cages:(

Oooh no I don't want to witness anything like that.:(. Whilst i would love to see lots of different buns, I don't want to see them as exhibits; I get much more enjoyment from seeing buns lose and running around. I don't want this to sound contravertial or a sweeping generalisation, but I think buns are mostly perceived to be just a problem or food for most country folk, because there livelihoods depend on the land in one form or another. I fully understand that, but although I would love a rural life, my buns will always be pets and never pests.

there is a fur and feather tent at the 28th-30th july show so if you dont like seeing rabbits as exibits (or any animal) i wouldnt go if i were you

I live near to the new forest and never heard of the show, but me and my OH are definately going this year - I love that kinda stuff, loadsa animals to look at :D

Thanks for putting this in a thread, I wouldn't have known :wave:

there is a fur and feather tent at the 28th-30th july show so if you dont like seeing rabbits as exibits (or any animal) i wouldnt go if i were you

how did you find out who the exhibitors would be ?

whats wrong with fur and feather ? i always thought they were a reputable magazine ?

who are the rew8 ?

Townies :lol: Just kidding don't worry :lol:

From what I've seen of these shows rabbits are not thought of as food in them :? And Fur and Feathers a bit difference these days :wave:

Spoken to a couple of friends who really rate it, so think I might give it a go. Can't really make any judgments until I've been and usually I've been working when it's on, so not had a chance to go. Certainly like going to Romsey Show in September. That's a good day out.:D

Last edited:
Exactly, don't judge what you don't know :wave:

Simple ;)

(I probably sound odd but I've had the week from hell and I'm sorry :():(

how did you find out who the exhibitors would be ?

whats wrong with fur and feather ? i always thought they were a reputable magazine ?

who are the rew8 ?

not the magazine fur as in rabbits and feather as in poultry;) nothing wrong with either but if you dont like seeing animals exibited theres not any point in going.....

Back