• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

unbonded after spay-urgent advice needed

sdf76

Mama Doe
Having fully bonded our new rescue bunny Sooty(9yrs) who we got end of April 08 with our existing bunny Chelsea(10yrs) we now find they have become unbonded after Sooty's spey.

see my daughter(bunlover)'s thread
"given up im so sad" (also in Rabbit Chat)

Please can anyone help with advice? How can we re-bond them? They started well with their week's re-bonding hol at her house and were licking each other and snuggling up together then yesterday had a massive locked on fight. (Chelsea may need to go to vets for treatment of her wound).

I will be going to London to fetch them back to Gloucester this Saturday evening. Initially they will have to go into the separated accomodation (see bunlover's thread for details of accomodation/garden) unless anyone has other ideas??? How can we re-bond them?-Sue

Exactly as you bond to start with. Neutral territory etc. when a bun is spayed it takes a while for their hormones to die down, so you may have to wait a few weeks.

My sisters - Sugar & Spice took a while to rebond after their spays, but they live in a group now

So you think leave it a month and try again?-even though they have had 2 locked on fights?

I had heard once they draw blood they never get on after that-though I hope not. I would like to think there is hope for the future for them as pals-Sue

So you think leave it a month and try again?-even though they have had 2 locked on fights?

I had heard once they draw blood they never get on after that-though I hope not. I would like to think there is hope for the future for them as pals-Sue

I have bonded after locked fights (no blood), but it was about a year later. I have also failed at an initial bonding & then succeeded days/weeks/months later.

I have a 4 here that stayed together for a week. They are separate now after an injury, but (if the Bun's Mum is happy), I intend to try again, although slower.

Back