• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rant about my friends carers (rabbit care)

Amy & Amber

Staff member
OK, So I did a rescue sometime ago....
(You my remember that it was for a guy who had mental health issues)

All of the animals I took were kept fantastic/well looked after etc etc.
I had to take them out as the guy couldnt handle them anymore (arthritis) :cry:

I was so upset and it broke mine and his heart because he adored his animals. They all found great homes and I know some of you off here have had them :D
He thinks its great..... He wanted to keep his one remaining bun Superman which I helped him get neutured and vac :D

So I have just recieved a text from him saying his carer has put superman outside (He is an indoor bunny that goes out in the run in the day)
Because it is a new carer and doesnt think rabbits should live in the house:roll::roll:

I have text him back saying dont worry Superman will be fine dont worry etc etc...

But what about foxes?? Its cold he is a house bun??

What do I do as the guy is really upset.

I have text him saying bring him in after the carer goes home.....

I feel terrible for Kenny and Superman....

Sorry for the long one but I know you guys will understand me.

Im not looks for answers just needed to say Arghhhhh :roll:

Last edited:
Get him to bring superman back in when she goes home. Do you know how secure the run is. Does it have something on the bottom so nothing can dig in.

Could you not send over some information on bunnies and house bunnies for the carer to read?? Surely if he is allowed the bunny indoors it is not the carers place to put the bunny outside!! I would also try speaking to the company who are in charge of the carer :)

Hope you get something sorted...poor kenny and poor bun :(
xx

Aww, yes, in this weather he'll be fine (even though it's wet its not cold). The important thing is he is secure.

The Rabbit Welfare Association do leaflets on house rabbits. If you contact them with the address they'll send a copy and he can show it to his carer. That might explain things better: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk

Tam

Thanks guys, When I first did the rescue I gave Kenny some leaflets about rabbit welfare and care... I have told him to show them to his carer 2moro :)

He has just text me to say Superman is in his bedroom now with Susie and Murphy the cats :D (They all get along great)

I will pop over to see Kenny 2moro.....

It is his birthday on Sunday so I will take his card and present at the same as checking on Superman.

I will find out what time his carer is there and tie it in with that.

I will sort out a dog crate to keep Superman in the kitchen over night

Amy x

Thats horrible!
It is not her place to make that decision, i doubt she would like someone comng into her house making demands like that, why should Kenny be any different? Some people :censored:

Awww Amy it's so nice that you are in contact and friends with this man :) I agree that the carer has no right to put his bunny outside... I bet they didn't put the cats outside :roll:

I hope when he shows them the info they will understand :)

Just shown this to my OH who's in this line of work. She says it's not acceptable and a complaint should be made, however, if the bun is free range in the house and is possibly getting under feet etc.. maybe a compromise should be reached i.e. bun in a dog crate INSIDE whilst the carer is there

Back