• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nomad- U/D 11th July- Still With us and Some Improvement :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Nomad had a Dental today and it apparently all went well. He had lots of molar spurs but no soft tissue damage.
Half an hour after getting him home he had a massive seizure and stopped breathing. I managed to breathe for him for what seemed like an eternity but was really about 2 minutes. Nomad then started to take gulps of air through his mouth. After a short time his mouth-breathing ceased and his respiration stablised. I eventually got a chance to call Christabel and I have been advised to get Nomad onto fluid therapy straight away. We dont know why this has happened and it appears that Nomad has now gone blind. He is already deaf.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Can I ask what is the significant of fluid therapy? Assuming you are talking about sub q?

because Goofball had almost the exact same situation that you describe, and that night I didn't know sub Q would make a difference, as she was rejecting some fluid.

Godspeed to Nomad's recovery

I wish I knew why this has happened

Maybe he was more damaged than was known from his bout of EC? He'd obviously had an active infection for some time before Rainbow rescued him, as the lady was getting rid of him due to his wetting himself and impotence...

Poor little Nomad, it must be awful for a prey animal to not be able to see or hear :cry: How's he doing now?

Back