• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

devestated

getlaced

Alpha Buck
:cry: have just had the worst day ever! my landlord has told me i cant keep rabbits any longer! the guy next door has been apparantly complaining about them saying they 'make banging noises all nite' i cant believe it! they only 'THUMP' when something bothers them like a cat going past or a strange noise. i dont know what to do...........i have till next friday to sort it out, have spent the past 3 hours begging people to let me 'borrow' their gardens or spare rooms etc but i have only found 1 possible home, my friend says she will take one in her room at her flat, shes gonna get some pen panels and an igloo bed etc.........im gutted. i love my buns, i cannot describe how sad i feel, its horrible. im sure some of you guys may have been in similar situations at some time so may know how im feeling :cry: iv also asked my friend to keep lucifer (handreared) for a cpl of weeks till it all blows over, when he see's no buns im gonna smuggle him back it, i dont trust anyone 2 look after him, he's a bit delecate being hand reared, plus i cannot bear to let him go to someone else after thinking he might die then seeing him thrive! i dont know what to do!:cry::cry::cry:

also bridgits babys are 7 weeks old now, is it safe for them to go 2 their new homes yet? will be in next week

yeh my lease has a small paragraph outlining pets, basicaly says landlords disgresion, which was all fine and well untill the grumpy old git next door started whining! he says our car is too loud as well...........

I wish I could help but I'm miles away.

I do hope that it all gets sorted out and you are able to keep your buns.

thanx, we are willing to travel with them if absolutely necisarry but i couldnt fit all their hutches in the car, (bf has riduculous car with a tiny excuse for a boot and the back seats are them bucket seats ud be hard pushed to sit a toddler in! im in total disbelief!!!!! cant even express how im feeling...... i even asked about keeping thm indoors and only letting them out for supervised playtime and he said no! i dont want to keep phoning him asd asking bcos i cant risk losing my flat!

i have allready asked at work! one girl said she would have a word with her hubby but he said no, they have animals already and dont have an outside area.......... the rest are all quite old and wernt exactly interested, i suggested how good it would be if 'granny had a rabbit for when the grandkids come' but that didnt go down to well! not ideal anyway...............hmmmmmmmmmm

anyone know whether its safe for my baby buns to go 2 their new homes yet? at 7 weeks? there massive and eating very well! they will be 8 weeks by next friday so if i can hold them till very last minit, i just will need to stat contacting their new owners to let them know ther ready :(

Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to get the info people may need in order to be able to help.

How many buns are there in total? What sex? Are any of them neutered? Vaccinated?

Sorry if I've missed this already but what timescale has your landlord given you?

ok...i have 2 that i havnt found a home for, a male and female, unneutored but vaxinated, male is around 2 i believe and famale 1

Oh, thats terrible but I can help with the kits If they are eating well and not nursing then they can go to there new homes anytime now but if not keep them untill 8weeks if possible I'm soo sorry I know how it feels to not be able to keep buns anymore exept it was my parents that didn't let me have them any longer:(:(:(

no he hasnt, we have two dogs, there not the problem its just the rabbits, they apparantly keep people awake

I think it's a pitiful excuse as to why he will not allow you to have rabbits!

i'm sure someone was saying on here that even if your tenancy agreement states that you can't keep pets...they have to word it a certain way otherwise it means nothing. I can't remember the exact details. You could try Bunny Burrows in Richmond who might be able to help, I have no idea how full they are at the moment though.....

so sorry i live in hampshire if i was closer i would take them (spare hutch) but im to far away i hope your landlord reconsiders it sounds an unfair situation :cry:

Back