• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding stories please

Alice's mum

Warren Scout
I am thinking of trying to put together a short book containing stories and experiences about bonding rabbits. If you have a story or anecdote about a good/easy bonding or a difficult bonding that you would like included then please PM me. A photo would also be great.

If there is a big response to this thread then I obviously will not be able to include them all.

I have no idea if this will work or if I can put this together, it's not a definite but I thought it might be helpful for other owners.

Thanks in advance.

Hello
Sounds like a great idea to me.
I am new to all of this and have just had to seperate my 14 week old boys due to a few fights. They get neutered in 4 weeks time, so am hoping to re-bond if possible. So any advice on here will be so helpful.

Just so you can see the boys before separation - here are Eric and Ernie!
My Boys!!!!

100_2316-1.jpg

100_2322-1.jpg

100_2325-1.jpg

Hello Alice
Thank you for the link. I have saved as a favourite, for future reference.
I really hope I can re-bond the boys because they have always been so close.
It's just that Eric(The bigger and slightly darker of the 2) has established his dominence, and just finds Ernies persistent shadowing a Bind.

I wish I could get someone else to do the bonding for me when the time comes, because I can't stand the thought of any more fighting.

Thanks again

Thanks for another thread.Should have a wealthe of information soon.

My husband plays guitar and Eric and Ernie find that nice to listen to. So maybe we'll do the same when the time comes!!!

It was love at first sight for Fae and Joey
She was about 6 months and he was 8 weeks
100_1898.jpg

100_2699.jpg

100_2224-1.jpg

We let Joey have 5 minutes in the living room (where Fae lived) to get used to his surroundings, then brought Fae back in. Totally not what the books say to do, but we didnt have a single problem. Fae was curious about him, then they tucked into food together, then into some snuggle and groom times! Not a single fight

We later tried to rebond them after a few months separation, and although the old spark was there and they clearly remembered eachother very well, there were a few scuffles and a bit of mounting, a bit of a power struggle seemed to be going on. But this calmed after a few days

Theyre now still together and nursing eachother through illness

I think this is a fantastic idea! I am just about to try and bond by 2 bunnies and I have looked all over for a book on bonding, with no joy. I really hope you can put one together. Good luck.:D

Back