• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what should i do?

**lexi**

Warren Scout
Hi,i have 5 baby buns that are 4 weeks old...my problem is that 2 of my cousins want 2 babies each for their 1 yr old children, and im not 100% sure they will look after them the way i would expect them to.

I am not sure how to approach them on the subject,i have tried telling them how much work they will be and how expensive they are to take care of properly,but they still insist on taking them.

What should i do? after all it's my responsibility to find the best homes possible :?

oh golly i have no idea what to say except to tell them that they are not a childs pet and would prefer them to go to adult homes only,good luck :wave:

Just say No Their yours to home to as you see fit.

I will not home any of my buns to children under the age of nine, and no baby bunnies at all to children under 12

Sure people get annoyed and they claim that there are exceptions (it is my opinion)

They are going to be busy enough with their one year old with out having a bunnie also thier vhild isn't going to "feel upset" at you not letting them have it only the parents will.

A definite no from me. A 1 year old is only just walking and if you're lucky talking the odd word so there is no way I feel they would understand you cant just grab at a bunny to pick it up, it's not a toy etc. I fear they could just land up in a rescue, probably neglected(parents wont have time with the kids etc) , unvaccinated and on a poor diet in cramped conditions.

A 1 year old is not old enough to have a rabbit

deffinalty not for a one year old, i would make it clear all the duties that you have to do with a rabbit claw trimming checks cleaning, i have a feeling novelty would wear off, which is what happens to a lot of unwanted pets, my son wants a bun of his own, but ive said no my buns are mine and he can help, i had feeding the buns when he came home from school on the chore list he soon got bored, obviously they were not neglected but i proved to him he couldnt look after a pet of his own if he couldnt even help to look after mine, he loves to play with them but the important duties like cleaning out he hates doing, even though he will help me do it with a push

My Cloud was a birthday present for a 6-year old girl. She lost interest after two weeks, and the mother didn't want to do all the work. Some children are very good with animals and do help with their care from an early age. But a 1-year old child is far too young. It might scare the bunnies and injure them if it grabs them. Just tell them that. And don't give in to keep the family peace.

(me again:lol:) I'd would tell them how much a bite can hurt and how deep they can be even if it's on accident it hurts and it hurts worse when it's on purpose if they want a pic I can get you some I have TWO bites on my fingers right now just from feeding Clyde apples and he lets go as soon as he gets a bit of blood you want the pics to show them :lol::lol::lol:

(me again:lol:) I'd would tell them how much a bite can hurt and how deep they can be even if it's on accident it hurts and it hurts worse when it's on purpose if they want a pic I can get you some I have TWO bites on my fingers right now just from feeding Clyde apples and he lets go as soon as he gets a bit of blood you want the pics to show them :lol::lol::lol:

Hi :wave:
yeah send me the pictures :lol:
it might make em think again....failing that i will just have to be blunt and tell them NO,they are not getting their hands on my babies :D

Here They are (also a pic of the Teeth that did it:lol:)

1d9e0758.jpg

a two week old bite (it still bleeds sometimes)

700aac8d.jpg

a 1day old bite (it was about 1cm deep too)

25e1fe3c.jpg

b36adf76.jpg

The teeth that did it

Last edited:
:shock: oh poor you :shock:
well if those teeth can do that to an adult then goodness knows what they would inflict on a toddler :(
sending healing vibes to your finger ;)

Oh, thank you for the vibes:D but I think my fingers are used to it but I can't bear the ones that are not 'accidents' :lol::lol:

(P.S. I'm 12:lol::lol::lol: but very mature:lol::lol:)

Back