• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

barley rings??

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Ive seen various posts refer to barley rings on here,are they a treat of some sort for bunnies?

Sorry if I'm being thick but I'm curious!

:wave:. barley rings are a type of horse feed. rabbit breeders feed them to buns to fill them out or if they need a boost - buns go mad for them! i think possibly ok for a rare treat and only one of them at a time but not on a regular basis. x

Actually never checked the date on mine, but I have quite a few rabbits in and out so I probably get through mine quicker. Could you split a bag with someone?

The price and how cheap they are it doesn't matter even if you waste half a bag, try your local horse supplier they'll have some in and probably cheaper still then the net :D

plenty of places near me that stock horse food,i get my bunny food from one that does horse stuff too ....I shall try,thanks!

Mine all have a barley ring each once a day :D I know if a bun is poorly if they dont eat their rings :) Awesome treats :)

i think a bag costs about £7-8 maybe even less....but one bag will last you months....even if they get one a day.

Back